8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well to startoff i have an ex coupe with hfp suspension and hfp wheels and an automatic. but for some reason the first mile or to is a rough ride. its real bumpy, but after a mile or so it gets smoother. its real bad in cold weather. can any one of you lend a hand in my perdicament? thanks

·
Registered
800 Posts
Probably has to do with the suspension components being cold. The shock fluid and gas isn't warm yet, and the springs are still nice and comfortable from sitting all night too.

It could also be your tires. They might be prone to flat spotting after sitting.

I'm just grabbing at straws here? I know I've had tires that flat spotted before, and it feels like your tires are out of balance for a few minutes after you start driving, especially if it's cold out.

Sorry, not much help

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it makes since. i had no idea what the problem could be. i just thought it was weird that it was bumpy just for a little bit and then got better. i guess there isnt a fix to this...anyone else have this problem?

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
What tire size are you running? I have 215/40 18" tires they do the same thing. I think all tires get a temporary flat spot sitting overnight. Once they roll for a while, the flat spot disappears. It probably takes longer when it's cold. The feeling is more pronounced on lower profile tires.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
yup got the same set up except 17's on a si and mine does it....it was worse with the nittos so im pretty sure its the tires

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have this problem on an lx sedan with Si wheels/tires (stock suspension except Si rear sway bar)...When the tires have set all night, they temporarily flatspot. Once they are driven for about 2-3 minutes, they are fine...and it seems that the colder the temp gets, the longer it takes for the tires to warm-up to remove the flat spots...

·
Registered
618 Posts
yup got the same set up except 17's on a si and mine does it....it was worse with the nittos so im pretty sure its the tires
Not trying to thread-jack here, but were you running neogens or other type of nitto? What are you running now?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts