8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my SI lowered on pro-kits yesterday and driving around today I've already scraped a few times on driveway entries. But I noticed it's not the bumper that's scraping but the plastic piece under it.

If you look at the pic I attached below, it's the black piece rite in front of the wheel. Can it be removed?

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
im sure it can but id keep it as a reminder ur scraping and slow down or angle ur car (im on neuspeed race and rarely scrape)??

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
LOL you shouldnot be scraping just being lowered...You need to slow down at entrances and exits. Simple rule of thumb!

Never scraped until HFP lip went on...Although it doesnt make that big of a difference the sides are a little lower.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL you shouldnot be scraping just being lowered...You need to slow down at entrances and exits. Simple rule of thumb!

Never scraped until HFP lip went on...Although it doesnt make that big of a difference the sides are a little lower.

Hmm, I'm going pretty slow entering though but I can feel it scraping. Rather take it off somehow if I could.

·
Registered
350 Posts
That is a rubber piece, you don't have to remove it, is not gonna get damaged at low speed, maybe you can use it as a warning in some cases.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car has less than 2500km still at the stage where I can spot every scratch lol.

Just wondering would having that piece there + prokits cause a potential stuck in snow in the future?

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
^ i doubt a rubber piece will cause you to get stuck... but being lowered will sicne you will be lower to the ground..... and if ur camber is off

·
Registered
809 Posts
Good luck in the snow man. The cars are low as they are, now that its lower, its gonna be rough. Buy a beater for the winter, drive your Civic on the good days.

·
Registered
809 Posts
you know i just noticed u dropped like an inch........ how are you scrapin everywhere its not like ur freakin slammed
Now that you pointed it out, lol, shouldn't scraping at all. its only an inch. The car must be weak in the front to scraping, or off. Get a measure of from the ground to the fender, check the stock numbers, then with the drop. Push down on front and see how much bounce there is. If the front is off, and hit something without thinking = OUCH!

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
Now that you pointed it out, lol, shouldn't scraping at all. its only an inch. The car must be weak in the front to scraping, or off. Get a measure of from the ground to the fender, check the stock numbers, then with the drop. Push down on front and see how much bounce there is. If the front is off, and hit something without thinking = OUCH!
i cant comprehend what u just said.......???????????:beer:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still need an alignment but I'll take a pic, it seems lower then the rated 1.2 inch. Try to take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
more importantly about the rubber, it's an air dam and important for the aerodynamics of your car. I forget where I read it, but taking that off affects all sorts of shiznits like your gas mileage and downforce. It's on there (and every other car) for a reason. leave it and lesson to everyone above.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I got my SI lowered on pro-kits yesterday and driving around today I've already scraped a few times on driveway entries. But I noticed it's not the bumper that's scraping but the plastic piece under it.

If you look at the pic I attached below, it's the black piece rite in front of the wheel. Can it be removed?

Take inclines/speed bumps slow and at an angle. That will get you over them just fine without scraping.

Yes you can remove the plastic but it does serve to help move air around the car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts