8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
touch up paint will look like ass on that.
the only way it will look good is if the bumper is repainted. if your looking to save a few dollars, sand it sown so that you cannot feel any of teh scratches and then bring it to a body shop.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nighthawk is right. Having it stripped and re-painted will be the only way it will look new again.

Looks like most of the scratches can be minimized so they are less apparent. However, the few that went all the way through to the plastic would need touch up paint. Then sanded and buffed.

If you choose to have it re-painted. Then you might as well try getting out the scratches yourself and then possibly seeing what a mobile paint fix guy has to say on fixing the deeper gouges.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bumper needs re-painted, that is the only way.

These things can take a good hit though as I have unfortunately experienced. If your bumper clip connection on the side (the panel gap between the bumper and front quarter panel) is in good shape than you probably don't need to worry about ditching the bumper altogether. But if any of those clips got messed up and the panel gap isn't lined up right, the bumper may have been bent slightly out of shape and this can't be repaired.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
touch up paint will look like ass on that.
the only way it will look good is if the bumper is repainted. if your looking to save a few dollars, sand it sown so that you cannot feel any of teh scratches and then bring it to a body shop.
touch up paint would look ass on that? how bad is it gunna be? i dont need to be perfect. but at least should notice it from like car length away. if i get it repaint, how much u think its gunna cost? what about a new bumper how much a new bumper cost? any1?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ok, for the record. I write insurance estimates for a living. This bumper doesnt need to be replaced. It's repairable but I'll give you a quote for both a repair and replacement. By the way I dont do this for free so if you cant send me some money at least give me same rep. : )

Please remember that I writing the estimate based on the market rate in the central New Jersey area. Market rates through out the country vary but not by that much so my prices should be in the ball park in your area.

Repair= 377.93

Replacement= 617.39

The bumper lists for 259.80 not including labor. The bumper doesnt come painted so either way it's needs to be refinished. Obviously the repair is the more cost effective solution. Touch up will cost you 15 bucks for the touch paint and will probably look ok from a distance. Within a few feet you will notice it though. Depends on how anal you are about the car. CHEERS!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks kinda similiar to my rear bumper. While reversing out from a 15 minute parking lot, my rear bumper hit another person's rear bumper while they were reversing out as well. Well it was kind of funny because this is what happened.

1) I'm reversing out
2) She honks
3) I stop
4) My nice bumper = :SHOCKED:

I'm thinking of just replacing it but it will cost a crap load:eek:mg:. Lately, I've been using touchup and scratch-x, but it only minimizes the appearance, but from a close distance it looks so nasty.:eek:hnoes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts