8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Pro-Kit on wednesday and didn't read the instructions till after and found out that they recommend that the rear bumpstops be cut shorter by about 3/4 of an inch. Will this cause any serious problems with my handling or anything else? Has anyone else done this? Should I cut them asap? Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Because Eibach is smarter than Tein... I keed, I keed...

Seriously, read Greg's post (and Moose's follow up) and remember, you'll want those cut down because if your suspension compresses and you run into the stops mid-corner, your spring rate will increase exponentially (very quickly) and you could lose control pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know but I just didn't feel like taking out the rear shocks. It looks like a pain in the ass. I've done them on older accords a lot and you have to take out the back seats and it looks like you do on here too. I am a tech so the last thing I want to do is what I do all day long. hehe. No jk. I take them out and cut them tommorrow. It shouldnt be that busy at work since it's new years eve. I hope.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's very easy on the 8th gen since the damper is separate from the spring. You also don't have to take the back seat out, the top shock bolt is behind the carpet in the trunk. Takes only a few minutes.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Make sure you have a breaker bar to take out the bottom shock bolt. One side might come off like butter, and the other might be so tight that it wont budge after going at it for 2 hours. That was my experience; then my neighbor who owns a SR20 shop came with his breaker bar and it came right off. This is saying a lot because he is a scrawny ass little guy:laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts