8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting my sportlines and tokico blue shocks in the mail this week.

What are your thoughts about cutting the bump stops.

I've searched and read, it seems to be personal preference to cut them or not for many ppl here. I know the instructions tells you to trim them. I know some are cutting according to the instructions and some are cutting less/more and some are not cutting them at all. There are some ppl here that have driven over 2 yrs without cutting them and have no problems. let me know your thoughts about this. thanks!

I know if you dont trim it, it will help preserve the life of your shocks(preventing the shock from bottoming out) but suspension will be greatly reduced and the ride will be very rough on roughs that are perfectly paved. Am I correct?

Also, There are two DIY for the S-techs, One of the poster cut them. but cut from the lower part(skinner end), arent your suppose to trim from the top(the thicker portion?) and I dont think the other poster trimmed theirs at all

·
Registered
15,516 Posts
I just installed my sportlines last week and I had the same question as you. I ended up following the instruction and cutting the bump stops. I figure that Eibach already tested their springs with/without the bump stops and its in the instruction to trim the bump stops for a reason. But if you decide not to trim the bump stops, you'll save a lot of time with the install!!

Here a pic of the springs and bump stops:

·
Registered
788 Posts
I cut mine when I installed the Sportlines. Always play it safe. If you don't cut them you'll always think "what if I should have". If you cut them I guarantee you'll never think "was I really supposed to?". You'll forget about it knowing you did the right thing. Cut them and be done with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just cut em. Its a strong possibility that no one on this site or any other has done as much research as Eibach and they say cut. I know a guy with a tc and TRD springs and didn't cut the bump stops. He doesn't drive aggressive and those springs drop much less and that car was always hitting the bump stops.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts