8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was into portland street honda on monday the 21st getting an oil change and complaining about my terriblely squeaky clutch, begging them to do something. So they looked it over and appearently there is a bulletin out on the clutch master cylinder for the Si's 08 through to 2011 that if its squeaking abnormally loud on release I guess the master cylinder isn't staying lubricated and is wearing out and its to be replaced all covered by honda.

So just throwing it out there if thats happening to you, you may want to check into it. I have no idea whether it was US and Canada or just Canada so I figured i'd just post it here for the locals :)

He did specifically say that it wasn't a recall, just a bulletin out on it that a lot of people were having problems.

·
Registered
667 Posts
does not fix high rpm 2nd gear grind though so its pointless....better off going aftermarket or EM2 clutch master

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
weird, i called portland street on monday about my squeaky clutch and peeling sideskirt and they knew it was my cmc before i even told them what car i drive. getting it replaced on friday!

·
Registered
682 Posts
This must be a newer bulletin. I went into Honda 2-3 times about the squeaky clutch, and all they did was grease it. I'm going to go in this week and see if they'll swap it out. Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Make / Models: Model/Build Years: HONDA / ACCORD 2008-2009HONDA / CIVIC 2006-2010HONDA / ELEMENT 2006-2010
Service Bulletin Number: SB-11-005 NHTSA Item Number: 10038365 Summary:
HONDA: THE CLUTCH PEDAL POPS OR SQUEAKS WHEN IT IS PRESSED. THERE IS INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE OF THE MASTER CYLINDER. *RM UPDATED 7/29/11. *PE

·
Registered
906 Posts
Make / Models: Model/Build Years: HONDA / ACCORD 2008-2009HONDA / CIVIC 2006-2010HONDA / ELEMENT 2006-2010
Service Bulletin Number: SB-11-005 NHTSA Item Number: 10038365 Summary:
HONDA: THE CLUTCH PEDAL POPS OR SQUEAKS WHEN IT IS PRESSED. THERE IS INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE OF THE MASTER CYLINDER. *RM UPDATED 7/29/11. *PE
Can you post the full tsb?

Any mileage restrictions?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
got it replaced today. they said it's not an official recal but its a bulletin and they still replaced it for free

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
yeah that was me. its Kevin by the way. wish i got some pics of that shotty cf wrap job they had on that 2012!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I took a few, I'll try to load them up on here today. It was good to meet you, hopefully a few us us can get together soon before snow!

·
Registered
682 Posts
So I got the CMC replaced. The dealership wanted to me to pay for it (about $350). They said my warranty was out. BUT, since I was under mileage and had a history of squeaking, they'd cover it. They had me call Honda of Canada anyway in order to get the costs of the repair covered (not really sure why...).

Anyways, all is good so far. There seems to be less travel in the clutch, less "pre-engagement" travel if you will. Not exactly sure why, but I prefer it that way. My car had to stay the night at the dealership because the tech ripped a clutch line apart, but they put in a new clutch line for me and like I said, no noise so far!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I too have had this annoying issue with the creaking clutch pedal, 09SI. My dealership says no bulletins and contine to gob greas on the return spring that does umgots. I sprayed some white lube down the bore with the pedal depressed and that takes care of it for maybe 5 k. Did changing the MC help or did it come back like so many I have read? Sorry, not white lube, I meant of course lithium grease in spray can with straw.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts