8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
There's not much available for that engine because. The SE-R/Spec V received all of the parts. It's a waste of money to do anything with that engine. Tell him to invest in cosmetics and not worry about how quick it will never be.

This is coming from a guy who owned two Sentra's in that chassis code (B15).

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
There's not much available for that engine because. The SE-R/Spec V received all of the parts. It's a waste of money to do anything with that engine. Tell him to invest in cosmetics and not worry about how quick it will never be.

This is coming from a guy who owned two Sentra's in that chassis code (B15).

Man speaks the truth....My last car was a 06 and there is really nothing out there

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Man speaks the truth....My last car was a 06 and there is really nothing out there
Yup, even then my Spec V had a good 60whp over the 1.8 liter Sentra and all it ran was consistant 14.5's in the 95mph range. That's a lot of money to spend on that thing just to get into the 15's, let alone 14's.

Make it look better but avoid making it faster. It'll just cost money and go nowhere. If he doesn't like that idea then he should probably just start saving for a better platform to modify.

BTW, that car with the right suspension can handle VERY well. My Spec V had the Nismo suspension kit, Nismo sway bars, Nismo strut towers, and some Azenis mounted on all 4 corners and it'd easily hang with the much faster/more powerful WRX's in the STX class when I autocrossed. A lot of that is driver-related but I'd typically place in the top 5 in a class of 15-20 cars (almost all of which were WRX's).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.