8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Neither company gives too much info on the site about spring rates but F&F did have a picture of a shock dyno curve (who knows if it was for our cars). I'd say the BC, but do some research of your own and draw your own conclutions and read the stickies (light blue threads at top of this section) to learn a thing or two before you buy.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I'll warn you one thing about the FF
I got them about 3 months ago, they ride great, it's almost like stock with a soft setting
HOWEVER, for some reason the rears have not been engineered properly or something.
Typically, you should be able to adjust the fronts and rears to the same setting.
The fronts can be lowered like mad.. I've lowered 2.1" and by looking at the thread left on the coilover, it could probably go another 1" - This could be seen as a flaw or it could be seen as an accomodating factor.
1) why make it go lower than it really can?
2) perhaps it's for those that put bigger wheels and need to lower it more. They may have taken other options into account

Now for the rear.. the most it can drop is 1.4"-1.6" It was 1.4" at first and somehow settled to 1.6". The way I got this was by taking out the adjusting rings out to give it a lower ride height. If I were to have left them in there, the ride would have been at least 1"-1.3". I think this is the biggest design flaw of the coilovers, they are truly great coilovers, build quality is very nice. The rears confuse me though, theres no way around it.

Conclusion: My car still rides great to this day, no squeaking or anything. The only downside is the rear is higher than the front. I've done some research and went to some local tuner shops about it but they said it's fine. THis is what they told me:
Since the front is higher than the rear = more oversteer. So in turn, I've set the dampening setting up front higher than the rear so compensate for the oversteer and create more understeer. They've also got pillowball mounts so I can adjust the camber up front.. I've set it to -2.1degrees up front and -1.8 in the back which also contributes to handling on a front wheel drive car.

Hopefully that helps out some. :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Intresting. Thanks guys. I will keep researching. Any more input would be really appreciate it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts