8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. I have had the buddyclub rsd coilovers installed on my 07 si for a while now and they worked great, but now i have some weird popping coming from the driver side front and the entire rear sounds like i have a bunch of stuff clanking around in the back when i go over bumps.

Any ideas what would cause this? It's really bugging me as this will be the 3rd time taking them off and adjusting them. Maybe I am screwing up installing them?

On that note how long should the dampers be in the rear? Maybe thats the problem. *shrug* :iorun:

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
If the dampers are too long in the rear, the rear spring might actually be popping out of the mount. Also the length of the rear damper should be in the insturctions, if not eff BC for not including them. Another also, lube all the rear spring pearches A LOT.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well BC did include instructions however they were in japanese. So I contacted the folks at buddyclub.us and they pointed me to this info.

N spec & RSD for FA FD FG

Front Dampers:

Loosen the spring on the front shock

Use socket #19 to tighten the bolt on top mount.

Set up the pre-load from the top spring cap to the bottom of the spring seat, always set it at 200mm. Afterwards, please tie down the perch.

Set the height setting from the bottom of the spring seat to the black height adjustment lock-in ring. Where 110mm = 1inch drop, 100mm = 2inch drop, 90mm = 3inch drop.

Rear Dampers:

Spring Seat: Distance between the lock rings and the bottom of the top should be: 50mm = 1inch drop, 40mm = 2inch drop, 30mm = 3inch drop.

Damper: Distance between the top of the threaded shock body and the lock ring should be: 210mm = 1inch drop, 200mm = 2inch drop, 190mm = 3inch drop.

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend! :iorun: :iorun:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Kinda made me nervous.. I just opened my Coilovers yesterday after having them almost a month.. and they sent me the N+ rather then the Race-Spec.. so im waiting to get mine.. I didnt want to hear they were making alot of noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.