8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
I havd this on my 00 Civic SI ..
N/A running CTR pistons/cams/valves, DC headers (im in Cali), SPOON Exhaust, NGK plugs/wires, SPOON Intake Arm w/ SPOON OEM Box Filter.

I honestly have to say, it DID smooth my idle at long standing, and did increase my MPG.
I did not ever dyno it (it was a very last mod), but my butt dyno did feel a vert pull in hy RPM's and did seem to smooth out my powerband with zero jumps or bumps in revving.

Hope that helps, it is a great product BTW,,will get you bonus points when you pop the hood!!

http://robearracing.com/pd_buddyclub_racing.cfm

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
It is a voltage stabilizer and grouding system. It will help improve the operation of your electrical components, gas mileage, throttle response, and on some cars it will make HP.

Utilizing the latest racing technology the Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser combined an electrical grounding system with a battery current and voltage stabilization control unit. The unit is designed to stabilize electrical "noise" and voltage spikes and offer additional grounding for any vehicles.

Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser maximizes the efficiency of all factory and aftermarket vehicle electrical systems and as the result you will get smoother engine operation, more efficient electrical component operation, improved electrical current and better fuel economy.

Buddy Club Racing Spec Condenser will work with most other aftermarket ground system and it is a great addition to any high HP force induction vehicles.

Cool blue led lights to spice up your engine bay
2 in 1 designed off both Grounding and Stabilize voltage
Improve Horse power and torque
Improve Fuel Economy
Smooth idling with improve engine response
Improve all electrical component performance
Improve battery life

If anyone needs one we keep them in stock. $145 shipped

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^lol. if your cap is only 1.2 farads and your system has an amp tha pushes 2000rms you cant expect to see a difference. get a 50 farad cap and let us know what happens.

/end threadjack

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Okay so I'm going to speculate here.

It seems to me that the only thing with system could actually do to help engine performance would be to regulate voltage going to the spark plugs to provide a more constant level of spark. I can imagine how this would help smooth out the engine. It doesn't have to increase the current going to the plugs or make a bigger spark, but helping ensure the spark was always constant between the four plugs through every full engine cycle could provide those benefits of increased power and economy.

If every cylinder gets the same spark and the same amount of fuel you could assume that the amount of power you extract from each cylinder combustion would be identical. But if your stereo were eating power and messing with the voltage every time the bass hit hard, there would be potential that the spark may not always be constant even if fuel is. This would constantly be slowing down and then speeding up the crankshaft in a very minute scale. And we all know that constant fluctuations in engine speed are bad for efficiency.

So that's my idea based on grade school physics. Feel free to poke holes and make fun of the size of my Jimmy-parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, would it be worth getting this for my 2012 veloster base with no mods at all. My engine gets kinda loud and vibrates my car at start or idle. And I want some more power =/

21 - 31 of 31 Posts