8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Cool. We can't really see anything in the second picture though (other than your car appears to look like mine:biggrin:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
i fail to see how this can actualy do anything.. considering everything is grounded from the factory anyway.. grounding things to diff spots will just create a ground loop no?

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
i had one on my XRS and the only thing i noticed was the lights were a tad be brighter and didnt dim at all

·
Registered
884 Posts
theres a thread on here somewhere with dyno proven gains... condencer was installed and dyno'd, taken off then dyno'd, and put back on again... gains were constant.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I was wondering if this would help if you have a big system in your car? Everytime my bass hits I can see the headlights dim. Just wondering if this thing would take care of that problem? I to am interested in the HP gains, can anyone find the proof though?

·
Registered
555 Posts
It can smooth out the powerband a bit, gains are minimal... 0-3hp at most. Worth the money I would believe just to smooth out the powerband.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
According to their website:

MSRP $158 USD

On a forced induction setup (RSX-S), gains were 6 ft.lbs of torque and 9.5hp

·
Banned
796 Posts
I honestly don't know what's so great about these "grounding kits". Maybe it's because I have never dyno'ed my car before so I wouldn't know if these things actually give a whopping 1 horsepower. I couldn't tell the difference in anything after I installed mine. But that is to say I installed a plethora of items with the grounding kit, so I wouldn't know what modification did what. Goes to show that installing one mod at a time might be better than piling the parts in your garage and installing them all at once.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Love this thing! Had it on my rolla for forever and i swear it helped with all the heavy driving and the mods i had on it. BTW, it looks waaay better than the Apexi one.

·
Banned
796 Posts
Love this thing! Had it on my rolla for forever and i swear it helped with all the heavy driving and the mods i had on it. BTW, it looks waaay better than the Apexi one.
How exactly did it help? Faster throttle response? Better fuel economy? More horsepower/torque? Better sound quality? More JDM points? Makes it easier to attract the ladies? Some details would be nice because I didn't really notice any drastic changes besides the fact that my engine bay looks a little nicer with a dash of blue color, but besides that, nothing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts