8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just started looking into these and i saw on procivic.com that their the best headers you can buy and gains of more than 20hp for $800. Now, im just wondering are they illegal? I know they pass smog test but wondering if they void warranty or attract 5-0..im looking at making my car alot louder i have an injen SRI and a greddy Ti-C, will these make it louder? thnx

·
Registered
28,335 Posts
Just like Skandal57 said it will fail because there is no catalytic converter when you install a RH. RH's are for "off-road" use only meaning they are to be used only on a ractrack. Do you have yearly inspections & are you willing to do what it takes to pass every year? I love my BCRH but Hytech & SSR are a tad bit better but for about $400 more than the BCRH.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Hey i just started looking into these and i saw on procivic.com that their the best headers you can buy and gains of more than 20hp for $800. Now, im just wondering are they illegal? I know they pass smog test but wondering if they void warranty or attract 5-0..im looking at making my car alot louder i have an injen SRI and a greddy Ti-C, will these make it louder? thnx
It doesn't make more than any of the others at this point.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
^It can though.. its a better foundation for better cams, supercharger, or even a 2.4 bottom end.. it has larger piping in every respect compared to the dc sport.
That's right, but for normal setups it's not. I would rather go a little further and get the ssr personally if that was the case.

Also, you can find them for less than that if you look around.

·
Registered
522 Posts
a "normal setup" is subject to opinion.. driving around with just bolt ons is a waist of time in my eyes... just "freeing up" power should be left in highschool. MAKING power is when the REAL tuning takes place. An ssr or hytech are bad ass headers and they will be perfect for some who can afford it. the buddy club has been proven many times over in the rsx community so im perfectly content.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,973 Posts
a "normal setup" is subject to opinion.. driving around with just bolt ons is a waist of time in my eyes... just "freeing up" power should be left in highschool. MAKING power is when the REAL tuning takes place. An ssr or hytech are bad ass headers and they will be perfect for some who can afford it. the buddy club has been proven many times over in the rsx community so im perfectly content.
So when you make all that "REAL" power, how are you going to tune it?:biggrin:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will fail in a heart beat... you can jump through some hoops and get a bolt in cat just for the test and replace it with the straight through afterwards. check out my videos...

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/bolt-ons-all-motor/72341-buddy-club-header-exhaust-videos.html
ok guys im really lost lol i was just wondering if these or any headers aer legal, warranty void-free, and if they make my car louder..how is it gona be a fail wen u all have it done to ur cars? im lost

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,973 Posts
ANY car that runs without a cat is illegal, and subject to a very large fine if caught. If you're looking for a good bolt on to open up a few more horses, might I suggest the Vibrant race header w/ high flow cat. More horses, still legal:thumb:

CorSport Online Store: Honda - 06+ Civic - 2507

I'm putting mine on Sat.

·
Registered
522 Posts
So when you make all that "REAL" power, how are you going to tune it?:biggrin:
^Umm.. i dont know maybe the aem ems comming out or remove the mafs all together and use a type r ecu and have that tuned.. come on they have a kpro for the F'n fit!! there WILL be one eventually for the Si. The rsx guys waited forever and they all thought that was the end for them as well.. uh oh.. kpro came out. just hold your horses..:popcorn:

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
^Umm.. i dont know maybe the aem ems comming out or remove the mafs all together and use a type r ecu and have that tuned.. come on they have a kpro for the F'n fit!! there WILL be one eventually for the Si. The rsx guys waited forever and they all thought that was the end for them as well.. uh oh.. kpro came out. just hold your horses..:popcorn:
I agree. However, there are a ton of guys with type-s's that still use the dcrh for their cars. It's all good though. People will go with what they want and can afford anyways. :thumb:

·
Banned
2,822 Posts
The Hytech is a race header, and is also $1300. But is probably a top of the line header. SSR header I seemed to have a problem finding. If your worried about being legal, get a Vibrant w/ high flow cat like said above.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Hytech is a race header, and is also $1300. But is probably a top of the line header. SSR header I seemed to have a problem finding. If your worried about being legal, get a Vibrant w/ high flow cat like said above.
ok but wat is the loudest headers for the si? the buddly club headers or some kind of a downpipe/testpipe?

·
Registered
522 Posts
If you want loud.. get that 70mm skunk2 setup with any race header and have instant hearing loss if you want!! OR.. save you a grand and the experience of more power and we'll stand you near a Pratt and Whitney jet engine on full burner..? same effect.. hearing loss

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.