• Hyper Gold

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they aren't volks, or works, but this is about the price range i am comfortable with. I love the look and style of this rim but I am torn between the which color to chose. So Gunmetal or Hyper Gold, Love the look of both and think either one would look awesome on NBP coupe. for the past couple months I have really fallen in love with the bronze and dark goldish rims. Has any one seen "hyper gold" in person, i would like opinions on that color because I haven't. To me they basically look bronze in the pic but i would hate to get them and then see them in person and them not look how i expected. Here is the link \/

http://www.procivic.com/pages-product_car_part_info/category-72_155/product-491/index.html

Also, would want the 18x8's, they have a 38mm offset. Any ideas about how these would fit? I'm still on stock SI suspension, Though would like also know how these would function with a drop. Thanks for all the help and info:thumb:

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
I'm not hot on polished lips in general, if i had to pick i'd say the Gunmetal.

Your car can be dropped, just depends on the tire you'll be using, too. A 1.5" drop with 225 width wheels should be safe, IMO.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Go with the bronze. I had dark bronze on my NHBP 7th Gen and it looked pretty good. Got lots of compliments on it too FWIW. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Keep in mind that if you want a lip from a one piece wheel, you're going to have to get a very large width and a very low offset. With that being said, the reason why the wheels on Civics don't look like the ones in the pictures is because we have such weak setups. Don't buy a Civic expecting to get a huge lip out of your wheels. Concavity is the same issue.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
the reason why the wheels on Civics don't look like the ones in the pictures is because we have such weak setups. Don't buy a Civic expecting to get a huge lip out of your wheels. Concavity is the same issue.

For those specific wheels, yes, you won't get much of a lip. But NOT true for all wheels.

My Works with a 3.25 inch lip. 18x7.5 +32.

I'm still debating whether I want these. CST Zero1 Hyper. Even at 17x8, has concavity. Aki's JICs are also concaved.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
OH LAWD!

I got :eek:wned: by the ancient thread.

:pat:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Well yeah, there's always going to be exceptions.

Nice wheels btw. How much do they weigh and how'd you find out about these? I've never heard of them before.
That's cause not everyone knows about mad JDM yo. lol They're around 18-19 lbs.

They are popular among the drift crowd. Advan, Weds and Work also make concave wheels that would fit our Civics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts