8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i recently got into a accident and am getting some reimbursement money and i decided to buy some coilovers with it

i often time have passengers in my car, and drive commute to school so i dont want a coilover that is way too stiff. stiff is still cool though, i'm not one of those anal people who complain over every single bump but i've been in some track driven cars whos suspension where im bouncing up and down my seat

ive been researching and found out that the pro-c's are really stiff, but are they bearable?

i heard the buddyclub n+ is really smooth and still handles well

i also heard the pro-s is not that bad either, but i want adj. damping and front camber adj wouldnt be so bad either.

what are your guys opinion?

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey i have skunk2's pro-c coilovers and they are definitely bearable. the thing about them is u can adjust their stiffniss from the scale 1-12 i believe. right now im just a few clicks away from the softest setting and its bearable for me.. and u probably use my car the same way you do.. i go to college and i aalways have passangers jumping partes ;)

bacially its noticeable that you have coilovers.. but its not as bad as people make it out to be. and its always great to set the settings to stiffer and have fun at the track then put it back to softer once ur done. and its not hard at all to change the stiffness

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
if youre going LOW its either the BC or the Pro-C. . . because if youre too low on the Pro-S, itll ride like CRAP

Pro-C isnt too bad for daily, I can keep it at full soft and be nice and springy. . . but I opt to keep it at 8 anyways because I love the handling. . .

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
man..im exactly in the same situation. Can't decide between the N+ or the pro-c's. I drove my friend's car with pro-c's on both the softest and stiffest setting. On full soft it's slightly firmer than stock and still comfortable but on full hard...phew. It is pretty stiff. I only hear good things about pro-c's whereas not too many people seem to have or do reviews for the N+ so i don't know much about them and i know skunk 2's customer support is good.

Those are my considerations. I do plan to track/auto-x my car yet i want a comfortable DD. Hence my dilema. Kinda leaning towards pro-c's though.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Not that there is anything wrong with pro-s, but I just feel they are just in a lower class than pro-c and buddyclub. I own pro-c coils and love them. I have driven in a car with buddyclub. The pro-c are harsher on regular driving than the buddyclub, but handle great. I cannot comment on the buddyclub performance because I havent been in a car with them when it was pushed to the limit.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. A big deal for me is - which one makes less noise? I have heard that the Skunk 2's can get a little squeaky.

So on full soft, do both of these 2 still handle better than stock?
I can only speak for the pro-c's. I drove it on full soft and yes, tons of difference over stock. No doubt. Much firmer ride and you can feel the road more but stiffness is still fairly close to stock on this setting. IMO.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
the only noise I get more of is road noise on my Pro-Cs, and I can feel every impurity on the road at aggressive seting, on full soft its actually pretty springy and soft, but still handles better than stock. . . but its obvious that they were made to run the stiffer damping rates

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had the same question a while ago idecided to go with the pro-s and ingalls front and rear camber kits it was 800$ has adj height and camber all you won't have is the adj dampening but if it's just for street and ocasional sprited driving it would be a good setup

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
how low are you able to get with pro-c close or the same as buddy club n+
if you can lower then peeps on buddy clubs then you cant drive your car period.

if harry went like 1/8 inch lower he would be scraping his sway bar on the ground so if you have the balls to go as low as harry, then you should be set with bc n+ because i doubt you will go that low anyway

so yeah my vote is bc n+...i dont think you track your car every weekend either OP so yeah bc n+, i love mine

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
The Pro-C are not made to be used to dump the car. The Pro-C are more oriented for the track/aggressive driving.

If you want to dump the car, get the N+. Just as a reminder, the lower you go, the crappier the ride. So don't expect to be able to slam the car and still have a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
mines comfy :nerd:

haah but yeah he is right, its jus really gonna be a lil bouncy when low
but with the right setting it can feel good, mine ws feeling like stock and i was like 1inch from my rim lip in the rear and about 1 1/2 from the front

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.