8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i usually find what i need without posting but this time I’m hitting a wall. Nothing matches my problem and i can’t figure it out. For the last coupe of days my ‘08 DX coupe M/T has been doing some strange things. Started out of the blue really. Starts, stops and runs perfect, well as perfectly as a 12 yo car with 250 000km’s will. Anyway, taking off from a stop, if i give it little gas it goes fine, but when i want to take off normally or anything faster it will buck and jerk and the speedometer will basically show any speed it feels like... 73...267...123...yeah so i might be doing say 40 with little throttle input, everything is fine when suddenly the speedo goes crazy but still runs fine. If i push down harder at that moment it will immediately start bucking.

has anybody seen this before? Nobody I’ve spoken to yet can give an explanation. Next step is to talk to honda i guess?!

Thanks 🙏

·
Registered
87 Posts
Any codes come up?

My best guess is that either a wheel speed sensor is bad or the computer is reading the speed incorrectly. The computer limits the top speed to 137mph so I think the bucking is it cutting fuel when the speedo reads above that.

I dont usually recommend going to dealers but with such a strange issue I think it would be best to go to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any codes come up?

My best guess is that either a wheel speed sensor is bad or the computer is reading the speed incorrectly. The computer limits the top speed to 137mph so I think the bucking is it cutting fuel when the speedo reads above that.

I dont usually recommend going to dealers but with such a strange issue I think it would be best to go to them.
CEL isn’t on and both wss on the front were changed last summer... could they be faulty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I believe the vehicle speed (i.e. the speed shown on the speedo) is from a sensor on the transmission, not the wheel speed sensor. I believe the wheel speed sensors are just for ABS. Does ABS function normally after the sensors were replaced? -Sam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts