8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not but here goes. I bought langka (www.langka.com) to repair a few chips in my paint. I bought the touch up paint from the honda dealer and went to work. Twice I have tried now and each time when I start to take the paint blob down with the langka, i see bubbles in the paint that cause little holes once I take it down. Any idea what could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
For some reason I can't click on the how it works section. If a child can do it anyone can. Are you letting the paint dry for atleast 24 hours? Do you touch it up during cold weather?

·
Registered
126 Posts
do you need to shake the paint and also what is the temperature of the ambient air that you are trying to apply it. also is the chip on the hood... if so is the hood cool to the touch b4 applying

·
ms3 fail.
8,339 Posts
hmmm, i just ordered some touch up paint a couple days ago for my car. i think it might help if its not humid outside, not in direct sunlight, and to make sure that the area is clean and it really shouldnt bubble

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies. I did let it cool, didn't do it in direct sunlight, and i cleaned the area thoroughly before applying. I am in central florida so humidity may be a factor. It was pretty warm outside when I tried it, although now it has cooled considerably. Gonna take another crack at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts