8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! I'm new to 8th gen, but was an active H-T guy since 02.

I got a 06 Si in 2009 that I loved, best car I ever owned. When someone offered me what I paid for it nearly ten years ago, so I sold it.

Also I'm always building a few different cars at once so you might see picture of my B swapped turbo crx, or supercharged EG (Picture is from when it had a turbo-d) every once in a while. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
On to the reason for this thread.

Blue 2010 Fa5 - I got this car cheap, its a Texas car. The guy hit a deer that caved in the roof then it sat in a salvage lot getting rained on/in along with getting baked by the sun. Needless to say its far from as perfect as my last one.

Goals of the build;
-Get it fixed up enough to haul to the next Gridlife event to race it.
-Run faster then a [email protected] my last 8th gen record.

What it needs;
-Coilovers - Done, I got some cheap Ksport 36 ways
-Rims/Tires - Still deciding, I'm looking at some 18x9's with 225 or 235/40/18's
-Flashpro - Come on its a 8th gen
-Fix some of the broken **** that bothers me, and deep clean it!
-CTR stuff because I like it.

The good thing about this car is it runs great! 80k miles, no rust! I'm from MN so every car has rust unless its new to the state.

I'll start posting progress once the weather gets a bit better and I can touch the thing!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Damn this forum is dead.

Update; CTR valve cover, Intake, ksport coilovers, TE37's 18x9.5 +22 front 8.5 +22 rear, with 235's is the goal. Has some stretched tires currently

Looks awful currently, I'll post more once I get it lowered.

·
Registered
183 Posts
What coil did you use or did you go with the K-Sport?? Can't wait to see it lowered.

I have to ceramic coat one more of my wheels before I swap mine back on!

And you're right, this forum is dead!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just curious why if you were planning on tracking the car why you didn't delete the sunroof and put a LX roof on since it was already caved in from the deer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just curious why if you were planning on tracking the car why you didn't delete the sunroof and put a LX roof on since it was already caved in from the deer?
I did not replace the roof, I got it after it was already repaired. Poorly. Plus its going to be a lightly modfied summer daily, I enjoy sunroofs :)

Today I had new front and rear windows installed in it. Going on 3 weeks waiting for the ksport rear shock bushings, at this point I might just buy new coilovers. It still needs new roof moldings.

Installed the CTR goodies, mudflaps, took appart the brakes/rotors and paited them. STI front lips is on. The car looking like a 4x4 is driving me nuts haha.

Also my crx is nearly finished with fab, next is paint.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figred I would add a few more pictures for fun.

CTR install, new grill, CTR badge, aftermarket larger "si" badge.

Here is my daily/hauler, Ridgeline, lightly modded.

And lastly the Zero is going in for vinyl wrapping (Vibrant sponcers the zero and crx) Motor should be done for the Zero soon. 4p head, sleeved B20, Kraftworks procharger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to Gridlife MI, the civic did not make it. Ksport took there sweet time getting me the rear bushings. They are now installed, car drives like **** with them installed but looks great:p

Rear fenders are rolled, front tabs are pushed up, still rubs front and rear.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I figured it would be worth hopping back on here for a quick update for you guys.

Sold the FA5, never made it to Gridlife with that car BECAUSE, I bought a 2,500$ S2000 :ROFLMAO: I restored the s2000, and raced it all last year in 5 total events. I'm totally in love with the car.
IMG_6075.jpeg

I got a hard top, car is getting a full roll cage this winter, plus some transmission and diff upgrade.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ended up selling the FA5, then buying a 2018 Civic Si coupe. Hated the 10th gen, owned it for 1.5 years only driving it a total of 1,400 miles. I kept wishing I would have just kept a 8th gen instead. Traded it for a Toyota Tundra a few weeks ago.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts