8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1686 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its been a long time Brother, i will be living in Yonkers with the wife so we will meet up.

Active Duty Military stationed in Germany but i will be home with in 6 months for good. My SI has been sitting home covered for over 2 years now, i will be ordering parts soon so i can hit the ground running when i get back. I need to replace the water pump and i want to pull the motor and tranny to make sure everything is 100%, it has 110K Hard miles on it :vtec:

The Good OL Days :badger:

[URL=https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8018/7512931512_92a5cbd93b.jpg]image
[/url]Untitled by nyk20z3, on Flickr

[URL=https://farm7.staticflickr.com/6112/6407159629_93e8cf5edb.jpg]image
[/url]download by nyk20z3, on Flickr
[URL=https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5101/5648384546_f2e33d18a3.jpg]image
[/url]2011-04-23 17.39.21 by nyk20z3, on Flickr

Salute to you thanks for protecting our country and hope you have safe return... and nice ride btw

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nice I was actually going to ask you about it. Install went smooth after you got the bolts off huh. Any tips/things to look out for? Seems pretty straightforward

Yea i have a bunch of tips for getting the main bolts off the head soak them with pb blaster or WD-40. you can get to all the bolts from the top there's two on top and three on the bottom you’re going to need a small breaker bar. When i got the engine pulled to fix my blown head gasket the guy way over torqued the bolts on the head so it was difficult i doubt it will be difficult for you to get them off. Make sure you get a new gasket for the header i got an oem one from Honda. After you unloosen the bolts go to the bottom soak the bolts with wd-40 or pb blaster disconnect the exhaust from the cat and the header will drop once the bolts are taken off the head and the cat and header will drop. Now you want to disconnect the stock header from the cat. now it will be easier to get the stock header out after twisting it around and finding the right angle to remove it. If your using the defouler make sure you put it on first before installing the header it will save you because you don’t have room to screw it in once you bolt the header together as i found out. Make sure you get an O2 socket as well to remove the sensors. you’re going to need two new spring bolts that where on the stock header i would just get fresh oem bolts for all the spots where bolts are needed and you will need a new gasket as well not donut gasket it should come with one or get an oem ep3 gasket. The skunk2 header slides right with a little shifting and goes in with no problems make sure you have a buddy with you to because you’re going to need him to align the header from the top. sorry for the essay

·
Registered
445 Posts
cool thanks! I didnt get a new header gasket or donut gasket yet so i guess ill order them and install them later.

crap I can't use the spring bolts from the stock header?

primary goes in the first bung with the extension and secondary goes in the further one right?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I have the Digital Helms Manual if any one wants it, it contains the tq spec for every bolt on the car and its all ive used for a few years now for peace of mind.

Helms by nyk20z3, on Flickr

·
Registered
445 Posts
Found some at a local auto parts store. Did boomba mounts and the header in like 3.5 hours. The bolts on the manifold were super easy for me thankfully. Sounds good so far. Lots of vibration I'm sure it will go down when the mounts break in

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm out in Mastic beach in Suffolk, I have an 09 coupe that I bought a bumper for after I cracked it but then my car got hit by a drunk driver so it's getting fixed for free, anyway I have this spare bumper I'm selling for $120, it's just the primed plastic and it's still in the box it got shipped to me in so hmu if you're interested 6316557336

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
might be a long shot but anyone wanna help a brother out people asking 500-700 talking about 1-2 days to install I can buy u pizza (or what ever u want to eat) & beer (after the install don't want u drunk during the install lmao)

this is going in a LX

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
yea I install my air & put on my wheels w stretch tires last night & went into work (Manhattan) think I almost wanted to go back to stock....almost cause when i park & air out I fall in love all over again lol

1661 - 1680 of 1686 Posts