8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1686 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
are you doing the o2 sensor extension? I haven't done the install yet i'm planning on getting the alpha soon though
yea i plan on doing the 02 sensor extension. Until i get flash pro. FYI There's a special socket for the o2sensor removal that you can get at autozone. Its just these dam bolts on the head no leverage very tight place and a lack of tools on my end.If eveyrtging went according to plan i think its a very easy process. Where are you from?

·
Registered
445 Posts
oh, the extension isn't necessary if you have flashpro? I've just started looking into whats needed for this install.

yeah it looks like a bish to get back there esp if the bolts are all rusted and crap. the catback install was a pain just because of the bolts.

i'm actually from rockland, valley cottage, creepin in this thread :shadyhat:

·
Registered
139 Posts
oh, the extension isn't necessary if you have flashpro? I've just started looking into whats needed for this install.

yeah it looks like a bish to get back there esp if the bolts are all rusted and crap. the catback install was a pain just because of the bolts.

i'm actually from rockland, valley cottage, creepin in this thread :shadyhat:

Yea if you have flashpro you are all set and don't need to worry about the defouler, and yea I've done a lot of research and asked a few questions about the aplha header. I didn't even install my exhaust myself I tried to but the bolts where so rusted that the shop literally had to melt them off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
This is what i used to extend the O2 sensor and its a perfect fit -

Its around $75 though so not worth it for some people and not easy to find. I have the Megapower Header and not the Alpha although the difference is just the materials used.

Untitled by nyk20z3, on Flickr

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Plug and play looks nice. Where did you find it?

It's 100% necessary to extend?

I'm reading through the alpha chat now but it's over 100 pages and a lot of conflicting opinions haha

The secondary port near the collector no but the first port yes you need some kind of reading there. The secondary O2 sensor you can gut and cap off the port or just leave it in there its up to you. I highly recommend having a healthy O2 sensor in the first port.

This should be it at a very low price,I was one of the first to find the harness from Honda over 2 years ago and the prices where much higher.

06+ Civic SI oxygen sensor extension harness - AFH Parts

And here is the thread to clarify it works -

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/auto...civic-si-oxygen-sensor-extension-harness.html

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
What motor mounts are you guys using?

Im using hasport engine mounts I’m using 62a for the driver and passenger mounts and 70a in the rear and let me tell you it’s a night and day difference from stock and plus I have 180k on my car. My engine mounts where going and there was a lot of movement from the engine and now there isn’t. The car feels more planted to the ground and it reduced wheel hop

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Im using hasport engine mounts I’m using 62a for the driver and passenger mounts and 70a in the rear and let me tell you it’s a night and day difference from stock and plus I have 180k on my car. My engine mounts where going and there was a lot of movement from the engine and now there isn’t. The car feels more planted to the ground and it reduced wheel hop
Ive done a few Hasport full sets and the install is a pain in the ass lol but it gets easier each time.

LOL ive been out the game for a little over 2 years now but it feels good to be talking Car stuff again. I should be home later this year and cant wait to put the SI back on the road :vtec:

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Ive done a few Hasport full sets and the install is a pain in the ass lol but it gets easier each time.

LOL ive been out the game for a little over 2 years now but it feels good to be talking Car stuff again. I should be home later this year and cant wait to put the SI back on the road :vtec:
can't wait man :wavey:

·
Registered
139 Posts

Lol yea this was my second time installing them me and my buddy installed them on his fg2 and then we did installed them on my fg2 not to long ago....i just got in the car game about 2 years ago lol very expensive hobby but i love it... And where are you

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
can't wait man :wavey:
Its been a long time Brother, i will be living in Yonkers with the wife so we will meet up.

Lol yea this was my second time installing them me and my buddy installed them on his fg2 and then we did installed them on my fg2 not to long ago....i just got in the car game about 2 years ago lol very expensive hobby but i love it... And where are you
Active Duty Military stationed in Germany but i will be home with in 6 months for good. My SI has been sitting home covered for over 2 years now, i will be ordering parts soon so i can hit the ground running when i get back. I need to replace the water pump and i want to pull the motor and tranny to make sure everything is 100%, it has 110K Hard miles on it :vtec:

The Good OL Days :badger:

Untitled by nyk20z3, on Flickr

download by nyk20z3, on Flickr
2011-04-23 17.39.21 by nyk20z3, on Flickr

1641 - 1660 of 1686 Posts