8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a dumb ass i broke my left side mirror. The panel is intact but the mirror is broken. What should i do? is that piece i can order and fix my self?

·
Registered
113 Posts
the same thing happened to me too, sadly. You just need to order the part at ur honda dealer, and then pop it in. check to see if all the electronics is still working tho (moves up down right left)... it might eb kinda hard to clip it in.. so i suggest using some sort of lubercant and then just push it in. The mirror shoudl just be around 20-25 dollars.. hopefully you can get it for less. They'll probably give you some bullshit how you need to replace the entire side mirror and it'llc ost a couple hundred dollars.. but yeah.. hope this helps! GL

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had a friend who had his mirror stolen, just the glass itself, not the whole unit, and he was able to order the mirror plate/piece through honda, so yes I believe it can be done.

·
Registered
321 Posts
not to thread jack. BUT. can u buy the EX sideviews and swap them with the DX plastic crap ? im wondering how many pieces i would need...

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
^if you are talking about the cheap looking black plastic..i think all you would need is a cover painted to match your car...someone did an DIY and had a pic of the side mirrors apart and that's what I am going by.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
hey to let you know just some into as long as you have the backing plate that the mirror holds onto you can go to a glass doctor and they will order in the mirror and install it for roughly $40 with a break free guarantee. *what year and is it a sedan or coupe?*

·
Registered
362 Posts
my mirror was broken off by some a**hole before too, iwent back to honda and i had to by a replacement mirror, everything was in tact except the black bracket that holds the mirror and mirror assembly (attached to door) together, cost me 200

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
civic_coupe said:
not to thread jack. BUT. can u buy the EX sideviews and swap them with the DX plastic crap ? im wondering how many pieces i would need...
you can buy just the plastic covers pre painted from an EX/LX for like $16 each, you do not need to buy a new mirror.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Juve_2006 said:
my mirror was broken off by some a**hole before too, iwent back to honda and i had to by a replacement mirror, everything was in tact except the black bracket that holds the mirror and mirror assembly (attached to door) together, cost me 200
the Canadian mirros with the heating elemets are super expensive. us Americans only pay $50 for a new mirror, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts