8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im currently having problems that i cant put my 2007 civic si into reverse. It just pops out when moved into reverse and I also have pop outs when i shift to 2nd 4th or 6 gear sometimes. I believe its a problem with my shifter cable but I would like some confirmation. Thank you!

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the picture you can see you have a broken cable. What more confirmation are you looking for?

Even if something else is also damaged, that upper cable is messed up. So fix it first and then see if something else is also wrong.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the picture you can see you have a broken cable. What more confirmation are you looking for?

Even if something else is also damaged, that upper cable is messed up. So fix it first and then see if something else is also wrong.

Good luck.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looked up the shifter cables....looks like they are unique to the SI (the LX manual is different it appears) and they're not cheap. I see them running $165 on up. Might want to see if you can find one in a salvage yard, but I'd worry that SI's are hard to find.

Having said that, it could be that the individual cables are the same between SI and LX, and something else makes the assembly a different P/N.

Good luck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Looked up the shifter cables....looks like they are unique to the SI (the LX manual is different it appears) and they're not cheap. I see them running $165 on up. Might want to see if you can find one in a salvage yard, but I'd worry that SI's are hard to find.

Having said that, it could be that the individual cables are the same between SI and LX, and something else makes the assembly a different P/N.

Good luck.
Yeah, they’re not cheap. If you can’t find any in a junk yard, (I fear that hose would be a ticking time bomb) buy a set from your Honda Dealership. If the price is comparable to the Hybrid Racing cable set, then get those along with their cable bushings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts