8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an 06 Si w/ nav and was wondering if anyone has this problem.
all the buttons on the center console (including the fan, temperature control, and nav) are extremely dark at night and I cannot see them at all. Is there an led backlight on these buttons so that they are visible at night?? The previous owner hardwired a v1 to the car. I've checked the fuses and don't see any blown. Is there a wiring problem that would cause this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you tried the turing up the lights on the console
yes. i've tried increasing the brightness of the interior lights while the headlights are on. None of the buttons are visible. Only the green led which indicates a button has been selected is visible. Is this correct or is there no lighting for the buttons so u can see which one is which in the dark?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i figured its time to bring it to the dealer. the previous owner musta ****** it up. looking at pics of other ppl's interior's, the hazard light switch clearly lights up. I can't see it all at night.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
yea i figured its time to bring it to the dealer. the previous owner musta ****** it up. looking at pics of other ppl's interior's, the hazard light switch clearly lights up. I can't see it all at night.
Way wha!! The hazard lights up??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Should be covered under warranty. Take it in and have it replaced.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64458
ok, I went to glendale honda and they were giving me bs about charging for each inspection they were going to perform. If they determined that something plugged into the eletrical utility jack caused a fuse to blow, then they would charge me for the repair. WTF is this?!?! Basically they were trying to find every way possible to prevent this from becoming a warranty fix.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
ok, I went to glendale honda and they were giving me bs about charging for each inspection they were going to perform. If they determined that something plugged into the eletrical utility jack caused a fuse to blow, then they would charge me for the repair. WTF is this?!?! Basically they were trying to find every way possible to prevent this from becoming a warranty fix.
Ah, the refreshing indication of a fantastic dealership. Blame the customer first, ask questions later.

Although it's true they would charge you if they could prove that the problem was due to customer error, you'd think they'd be more friendly about it up front.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Can you please post pictures?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts