1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I was wondering the same. I did a search on google and I ran by another forum that had a thread about the broadway mirrors with the 8th gens. I don't remember which one, but many of the members said that they used 270mm (a little more 10.5 inches), but when the window visor is down, it touched the driverside. Only one person said that their mirror was 9.5 inches (which is the 240mm) and they claimed that it fits perfectly without interferring with the visors.

Here's the thing though. I don't have a ruler or a tape messure. So I used a piece of paper for a good estament. It looks like our rearview mirrors are already 10.5 inches long. So the 240mm wouldn't even cover it I think. We would need the 270mm just to cover everything up. Anything more than that would just interfere with the visors too much and be a PITA when the sun is in your face.

So if someone can measure their rearview mirror with a ruler or a tape measure and let us know, then that would help a lot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just mesured it and the oem one is 241mm so it would be useless getting the 240mm broadway mirror.

I realized that the mirror is behind the sun visors so i wont really be a problem. I just ordered the 300mm one it was 15$.....if im not satisfied ill just get the smaller one...

·
Registered
521 Posts
When I first bought my car (2008 Civic Sedan), I got a 240mm.

Over a little bit of time, I realized it was too small (just a bit bigger than the OEM rearview mirrors) so I decided to get a 270mm, and what do you know? It works perfect! It gives me a wider view and eliminates some of the blind spots as well.

Here are some pics:

240mm, taken the first day I got my car.

The following pics are taken just now with the 270mm Broadways.

240mm:
- Will not hit your sun visors
- Same size as your OEM rearview mirror.

270mm:
- Will SLIGHTLY hit your sun visors.
- Better view.

BTW, the one I have is Broadway BW-804 270mm FLAT, it's the one for cars with dark tint (so you can see through the dark tint), and it was $12.99 at a local car store.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
When I first bought my car (2008 Civic Sedan), I got a 240mm.

Over a little bit of time, I realized it was too small (just a bit bigger than the OEM rearview mirrors) so I decided to get a 270mm, and what do you know? It works perfect! It gives me a wider view and eliminates some of the blind spots as well.

240mm:
- Will not hit your sun visors
- Same size as your OEM rearview mirror.

270mm:
- Will SLIGHTLY hit your sun visors.
- Better view.

BTW, the one I have is Broadway BW-804 270mm FLAT, it's the one for cars with dark tint (so you can see through the dark tint), and it was $12.99 at a local car store.
Thanks for the pictures. They helped a lot. I guess I will just head out to AutoZone or Kragen tomorrow to pick one up. Repped! :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts