8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a k20z3 fg 06 si i with dcrh,tic greddy,img,tbg,whodata reflash,sri
i was about to get bc cams and retainers put for 1300 installed and thinking of gettin dashhawk for my monitoring system well i see gains without tunning i was told by installer yes about 15-20 or i was thinking of getting skunk2 stage2 cams what would be my best option... im new to this site but i have done evry install my self on my ride using this site this site is a BIG help to all my mods thanks guys for all you who helped and posted diy articles big props and a shout out to you fellas.....:thumb::woot:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have read that you cant run stage 2 cams on reflash whats really the deal all this ppl sayin different things i need a senior member help

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
wait for more tuning solutions to come out lol. Seriously i would go with
tsx cams they seem like the most reasonable cams out there for our cars now.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so why is this installer at temecula tellin me i can on a reflash ?? cause he says its you says im not questioning you but asking if i put the tsx cams what type of gains im i lookin at im really capabable of just settin back saven my loot and waiting for something else is it worht it... from my knowledge the tsx cams will go with my stock internal then i would save on the retainer=spring set right .....

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and this guys gzmo also tryin to sell me his stage2 skunk cams he says his been runnin this on his ride and he has 15-20 gains to the wheel but too much his tryin to sell them for 500 to me lol i can get brand new for 537 shipped so said no thanks im a smart newbie... haha

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
can't run brian crower stage 2 on reflash because of the cam angle advance and stage 2 crower cams are for 6000+ rpm power gains.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I know a guy that ran stage2 cams on his FA5 with the hondata reflash. His car was pretty fast. It will work. Personally I would probibly stick with stage one, but thats me

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Ok dont believe me, I could care less. OP asked and I answered. I believe he had them in for a month or 2 before he wrecked it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
will stage one work ? i saw some forums on how stage one cams wont work at all on reflash. if they do work what do you mean by up grade fuel? injectors? or rail? or pump? and how can u make sure the a/f ratio is good? i thoguht that was the ecu that controlled that? no? help im noob!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts