8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Around my area I seen a FA5 with front rear brembo brake calipers. I was wondering what car is the kit is from. I think he's using evo brembo calipers. But I have no Idea how to check for fitment. I got a close look and they are not caliper covers and I didn't see any custom brackets either.

So you guys think the rear caliper from the evo fit on our cars?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do we have any brake gurus? I didn't want to go at it alone. But im going to start with picture of the stock rear caliper and the spacing of the bolts.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The FD2 Civic Type-R has red Brembos.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I doubt they're real. Even the Type R only has Brembos up front and no other company offers rear fixed calipers, AFAIK. You need to have a parking brake and we don't have the drum-in-hat type that would work with a rear BBK.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I first I thought they were caliper covers. Then I got a closer look when the guy parked on my side when I was walking my dog. I took extra long looking at the brakes. I think its possible because other than just bolting on. Calipers work the same, BBK or not. Connect the e-brake cable and brake line and it should squeeze the rotor I beleive.

The reason I also believe they are not caliper covers is that this guy been having a complete mugen SI kit and rims, since summer 09 on a white sedan. So I don't think this guy would cheap out on some fake caliper covers.

Imma go for it within the month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts