8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you know, the civic EX made in usa is limited to 125 mph, in that moment, you feel something pulling you behind it, However, I just drove a civic made brazilian (same model that mine, 1.8L and transmission manual) and it reaches the awesome 133 mph, I live in venezuela and we import civics made in brazil, usa and canada!! The thing is what happen If I change my ecu with the brazilian model....Would it work well?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 mph faster means a lot my friend. This could mark a great difference.... you know what I mean!

·
Registered
277 Posts
well since some of the autobahns here in germany dont have speed limits. That 8mph can turn into 20mph! Top speed on the track, and autobahn top speed are 2 different dimensions. My car before my Ex coupe was a 89' Porshe 944 S2 and i ran the tranny out at 175mph. Did it all the time. So with the civic, if its not governed at 133, then i would like to see that Si owner who 6th gear is almost useless and that R18 is riding his ass on the fly. Go Economy Go!

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
well since some of the autobahns here in germany dont have speed limits. That 8mph can turn into 20mph! Top speed on the track, and autobahn top speed are 2 different dimensions. My car before my Ex coupe was a 89' Porshe 944 S2 and i ran the tranny out at 175mph. Did it all the time. So with the civic, if its not governed at 133, then i would like to see that Si owner who 6th gear is almost useless and that R18 is riding his ass on the fly. Go Economy Go!
It wont be much economy when your at WOT trying to keep up. :sadwavy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts