8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quick question. I just had my windows tinted yesterday on my 07 civic coupe i got 5% in the back and 15% on the sides. I know they tell you to not wash the windows for 48 hours but if my car is out in the rain or if dew gets on it is there a chance that my tint will get ruined and bubble? Also I know this question has been asked before but I dont remember where, is it safe to use Stoners Invisible Glass to clean my windows I know it says tint safe but I dont trust that.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
outside is fine.. tint is on the inside

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i was just worried because i moved the car into the garage today and noticed that the back window had a few small bubbles in it maybe because it isnt fully dry yet. thanks

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
bubbles should work themselves out within a few days

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes, Stoner's is fine. Just be sure to use a soft microfiber towel.

I actually recommend my customers not wash their windows for a full 30 days. Tint "dries" in a few days to a week, but it isn't fully cured until 30 days down the road.

And, IMO, your tint is too dark to be safe. 15% on the sides is a no-no and illegal!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tip on washing the windows, its actually not that dark from the inside the visibilty is a lot better then i expected and yes i know its illegal but then again just about anything is out here in CA the cops hassel you for anything

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Awesome! Any pics of your ride? :laughing: I got my tint 20% all around and it still has some bubbles but barely visible. but what's worse was that the guy who did my tint scratched up my windows on the inside so if you look closely at it, there's like hairline scratches all over the place. Did you get any scratches? Where did you get your tint done?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Awesome! Any pics of your ride? :laughing: I got my tint 20% all around and it still has some bubbles but barely visible. but what's worse was that the guy who did my tint scratched up my windows on the inside so if you look closely at it, there's like hairline scratches all over the place. Did you get any scratches? Where did you get your tint done?
Scratches may not be his fault. Even brand new from the factory glass can be all scratched up. These are impossible to see unless you're looking for them. Then someone gets their car tinted and all of a sudden you can see them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts