8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I currently have S2K retros and I noticed my passenger side projector doesn't launch anymore... it will flicker for a couple of minutes, but just not turn on. As such, I am afraid I need new ballasts as I have had these retros for a few years now working off the same ballasts.

So here's my issue: where can I buy a pair of quality ballasts for a good price?

I was thinking of purchasing a pair from TheRetrofitSource.com:

HID Ballasts from The Retrofit Source LLC

Any other suggestions?? :wavey:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just a few pics of the S2K retros:

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
ive had denso ballasts going for 2+ years. not a single problem with them. and they were used wheni got them...so who knows how old they are.
they are rather compact too, very thin.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
its not expensive.. they are oem and really good quality.. kits are cheap cuz they are made cheap and arent really made to last too long like oem ballasts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
weird thing is.... sometimes after I turn off my lights and my car, and go back to it a few minutes later, the projector is actually flickering without any power to them; can anyone explain this??

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so I have new bulbs, new relays, and it still wont launch... its gotta be the ballast, right?? Need help ASAP guys!

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
would the grounding have anything to do with them not working?? the driver side works perfectly fine...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Both sides or just one?

You could switch one ballast (or bulb) to the other side and see if the problem follows the bulb or the ballast.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts