8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer close by has a brand new 2009 S2000. ive always wanted an S2000 so i figured why not ask about the car since Its a year old and no one wants it because its been sitting there. They told me the price was $35k since it was technically brand new. Could I talk them into lowering the price or should I just consider another vehicle?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
$35k is too high for a year old car that's been on their lot and also discontinued. Don't get me wrong, I want one soooooo bad and will get it next year, but you can definitely argue the price to lower than that. It's not even a CR. What color?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i would use that money on another one rather than one that is a year old. car prices depreciate regardless if it's new or old

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
Old is old. Look at bluebook for that year and offer them that. If they say no, then say "thanks" and leave.

If they've had it that long, then maybe they've grown an attachment to it. :giggle:

·
Registered
815 Posts
There was an 07 at a local Honda stealership not too long ago for 22g with only 25k on it...needless to say I wish I had that money at the time. Anyway, look for something a little older and spend the extra money on mods.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I suppose it could depend on the area but with all the used s2k's out there its easy to get a lightly used one for 20k. As far as the S2K goes it's not worth 30 grand to me being I have owned one. Between worrying about the roof leaking in the coming years to daily driving it in the rain it F-ing Sucked! lol. It wasn't uncommon to hear of spinouts or even see them where I live. Don't believe me? Check out S2kI forums. But its a fantastic weekend driver and a hell of a performace platform.

·
Registered
129 Posts
We sold our last S2K for something like $28k, and that was a new one, back when it was still new. There's a lot of brand new S2000s out there with similar mileage to this one...I wouldn't even start at 30k, that dealership needs to get rid of it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Ask what the Invoice is (price they paid for it from the factory). Then just hard ball them. Its a depreciating asset that they need to get rid of. You might even be able to get them bellow invoice.

Most important though. You must have the attitude that you are only in it for the deal. Do not show too much emotional attachment to the car. Look up some local used s2k's and have comparison prices. Say stuff like "Hondas are bullet proof" and "I would be happy saving a few thousand $'s in exchange for higher millage and a good service record."

If they don't want to make a deal leave your phone number and walk out.

Good luck man. :usa:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts