8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

So about a month ago I installed break pads in my 2010 Civic when it had 6,000 some odd miles, i mean i heard civic wear through pads fast. Anyway when i went to the dealer they wanted $209.00 and i didnt want to do it so i went to pep boys and bought duralast brake pads and installed it myself. Everything beens fine until i notice a couple of days ago that when i brake very gently theirs a Squealing noise that when i press down harder it goes away. So I went to Goodyear and i asked them about this and they said its prolly becuase you didnt resurface the rotors when you changed the pads, but its fine to drive. and mind you this doesnt happen very often only sometimes.

I just want to get some opinions, am i good?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
lol are you serious 6k i am still on my stock pads with 68k with no noises at all..

go over your install again make sure they where properly greased i guess but to change pads at 6k is just insane..

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
Can you see any glazing on the rotor itself.

Could also be the quality of the pad. Cheaper pads usually mean crappy compound.

lol are you serious 6k i am still on my stock pads with 68k with no noises at all..

go over your install again make sure they where properly greased i guess but to change pads at 6k is just insane..

I went 11K on my stock pads before they where toast, swapped to Ceramics and have gone 60K so far.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
what where you doing on them ?

Ive been racing with the SI since i bought it how are my stock pads still good lol..

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
what where you doing on them ?

Ive been racing with the SI since i bought it how are my stock pads still good lol..
20 miles of twisty backroads 5 times a week, mostly with people who are scared to do anything over 15 mph thru them. So it 40-45 in the straights then hard on the brakes to 5-15 mph then back up to speed.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i get the same thing like midway pushing power on the brake and it will squeal. im guessing its b/c i didnt resurface my rotors as well.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I get a high pitch whine but haven't driven the car hardly at all for 6 months.
And sometimes I hear a rough grind.
If it's a rock or dirt, does the whole thing need to be taken apart to clean it out or can you stick something in between the pad and disk?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts