8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on this issue. When I press on the brake pedal hard enough, and my car runs over any disturbance on the road, say a bump or a pothole, I can feel my brake pedal rattle. When I went on deployment, I gave my car to a good friend of mine for upkeep. He said at one point during this issue, the brakes gave out completely, and he had to use the e-brake to stop. When he had the car looked at by a friend mechanic, there was a clip (or something) missing from the brake pads (ones that hold them in place). So apparently the brake pedal shaking was the pads being loose. He said a new "clip" was installed, there was no damage to the rotors or the pads, and everything is fine now. Except when I got home and took my car back, my brake pedal still rattles as mentioned above. Anyone have experienced this before or may know what the deal might be? :sadwavy:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Sounds like the ABS working.................and it feels like your peddle rattles and you car is not stopping but you still are slowing down it is just keeping you from skidding out of control.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
It has happened to me as well, like when it snows and is really slick and you try to stop to fast !!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
yup..been happening to me as well. I just logged on here and did a search to see if others were having the same issues..

It doesnt happen always, but when it does, its kinda scary..I dont know whether or not my brakes are fully functioning. If I take it in to honda, i feel like they will not be able to duplicate the problem and just say nothing is wrong....any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My s2000 never did that
My honda accord never does that
My acura tl never does that..

what makes you think its ABS? you probably have no idea what we're talking about and how the brake feels...

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
My s2000 never did that

what makes you think its ABS? you probably have no idea what we're talking about and how the brake feels...
wow you must be a baller with all your cars listed.:giggle: I never read the op post, my bad...........

·
Registered
371 Posts
yea this happens to me too for the same reasons, usually im coming in a little fast and brake harder than normal, i just figured it was normal though. It rarely happens though

·
Registered
249 Posts
its just the ABS man. your freakin out for no reason. ive felt it plenty of times when i press the brake too hard going fast. thats what ABS job is to release pressure so you dont lock up the brakes, relax man

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
yea it the abs kicking it preventing you from locking up the brakes and skidding out of control

My s2000 never did that

slam on your brakes hard enough and you'll feel the peddle pulsate when the abs kicks in

·
Registered
606 Posts
I think I experience the same thing. While I'm braking slowly, and get to around 15mph, it kinda bucks, as if there's a "hot spot" on the rotor. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, so I assumed it was ABS. Sorry to hi-jack with a possibly different problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had the same problem a few times. And you guys talking about ABS obviously haven't had it happen. Unless Honda has the worst ABS out there then it's not that. Last time mine did it I was gently breaking at less than 10 MPH, went over some railroad tracks and it did it for about 15 feet. Sound like ABS?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts