8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now im not putting these on my car at the moment. i am lookin for brake pads for my 04 grand caravan and my 01 ford f150. there only 2 different brake pads im looking at because they are both lifetime warrenty, so please do not suggest any other brake pads. I want either the Duralast CMAX golds or the Wagner Thermoquiet ceramic pads. I can get the duralast lifetime free replacement at autozone or I can get the wagner thermoquiets at O'reillys lifetime free replacement..could you tell me which ones are better and why? i cant find anything on the wagners but yet all the car shops and auto stores around here carry wagner...i've been using the cheapo $19 cheapo duralast pads for the last 5 years and want to step up...im tired of cleaning my rims off every 3 days...would you know which of the two would create less dust? thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Wagner is a good brand, owned by Federal Mogul, who also own Ferodo. Duralast is AutoZone's house brand and who knows who makes them? It probably changes every few years.

Personally, I'd look to get a set of Hawk Super Duty for the F-150 and the Hawk LTS for the Caravan, which you can buy at the Tire Rack, among other places. Both pads are made for use on trucks, which can be hard on brakes because of all that weight. I'd rather have top quality pads when my ass is on the line than so-so pads that they keep replacing for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just went and took a look at the wagner brakes...and i got to say they look like crap...they look like something u'd buy from a junk yard...they looked like primer gray spray paint and the metal housing had chips all over the place on the edges...they did not look nice at all...i have the cmax in hand right now, and they look 100x better...like i said up there i can get no other pads around here where i live...hawks are out of question...its between wagner and duralast cmax..

·
Registered
970 Posts
...like i said up there i can get no other pads around here where i live...hawks are out of question...its between wagner and duralast cmax..
Where the hell do you live that you only have 2 pad choices? I'm 100% positive that no matter where you live you can at least order some good pads and have them rush delivered. Better to wait a couple days and get good pads than get sub-par pads because you have them in your hands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not trin to argue..but like i said above the choice is between cmax and wagner cuz they are both LIFETIME WARRENTY FREE REPLACEMENT...i dont want to buy new pads every single time i change them....i live in terre haute, IN...

·
Registered
970 Posts
not trin to argue..but like i said above the choice is between cmax and wagner cuz they are both LIFETIME WARRENTY FREE REPLACEMENT...i dont want to buy new pads every single time i change them....i live in terre haute, IN...
Well then, if you've already made up your mind, why do you need our opinions?

You just said:

i just went and took a look at the wagner brakes and i got to say they look like crap...i have the cmax in hand right now, and they look 100x better.
Obviously, in your mind:

1. The way the brakes look is directly related to how they perform
2. The better of the 2 choices is the cmax

I'm not trying to argue either... just trying to show you the flaws in your logic.

Do what you want man. You want opinions on what to get, we'll give them to you. If you're dead set on getting those brakes because of a "lifetime warranty" and you're looking for someone to support your decision, you may have a little more difficulty.

PS: When something consumable like brakes have a "free replacement lifetime warranty" there's probably a reason for it. They aren't as good, but they want to keep people coming to them for their brakes. There's also probably some sort of catch that you aren't aware of... I'd be very wary if I were you. You don't see companies like Hawk doing that because they know that their brakes are superior and people will pay for better braking power, more reliability and better durability.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im actually looking for some people that have tried both of them...or atleast one of them to give there opinion of them...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
well im actually looking for some people that have tried both of them...or atleast one of them to give there opinion of them...
I had Wagners a long time ago and they were superior to OEM. Brake technology has improved significantly in ~15 years, however. They may still be using the same old sh_t as way back then, but with a warranty.

You have my sympathies, living in Terre Haute and all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts