8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the thickness of the rear brake pads at the time when they should be replaced? My rear pads are making a metal scrapping noise, and I think its time to replace them. I just want to be sure before I do :xyxnervou

Thanks

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I wish mine made noise. I've got worn gashes in both my rear rotors. Not one single squeak to let me know they went bad. Oh well, it was an excuse to get the shiny stoptech replacements.

Def change your pads if they make any noise.

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
^^^^ thats a good thing, time to upgrade to vented/drilled rotors all around, get a set of brembro's :D

i live when stuff breaks it allows me to upgrade and not feel guilty.

the pads shouldnt be thinner then 1/8 BTW, and if there is no lining left then you might think about changing them....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think I drive it that hard. Its an EX auto with a little over 30k miles.

The fronts have already been replaced, because I purchased the car used with 4000mi and the Nissan dealer I got it from replaced the pads, didnt resurface the rotors and so they warped! So I replaced the fronts already, not the rear.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wont be able to see until I get home, but if I remember correctly, I think I have about a 1/4 inch left.

·
Registered
55 Posts
do a search as someone (sponsor) was selling brembo blanks and others at a good price.
Time to change them if their damaged.

·
Premium Member
18,457 Posts
well a squeek could be due to having things like

- mud
- snow
- leaves
- water
- dust

between the pad and the plate.

I would get someone to look at it though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wing_gundam said:
well a squeek could be due to having things like

- mud
- snow
- leaves
- water
- dust

between the pad and the plate.

I would get someone to look at it though.
I might do that. Disc brakes are pretty easy to work on, so I may just take a look at them myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts