8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1,181 - 1,200 of 1,216 Posts
07 Civic Si coupe, and I need to buy break pads and rotors. What do you guys recommend out there for daily use?
I have 07 Si Sedan and put Brembo blanks on front and Centric (Stoptech) blanks in back. I used EBC green stuff pads and Stoptech Stainless steel brake hoses. It has plenty of stopping power and it's been almost 2 years since the install with no problems.

My girlfriend has a 2010 Civic Ex and she destroyed the brakes. They make a loud grinding noise at this point, so I was wonder if I should opt for the TSX brake upgrade or go for the "performance" brake kits that RockAuto offers. Which one is better? She daily drives/commutes the car, but she's got a lead foot. I'm looking for something that will last longer and not get destroyed from her driving.
I'm having an issue because the RockAuto brake kit doesn't really give me any details as to what their "high performance" calipers and rotors are. I mean if they're the same size as stock, then it's worthless to me.

Getting rotors and pads made for more aggressive driving does not mean they will last longer. Only that they will not heat up as fast and fade out.

For daily driving/commuting you just need good quality stock replacements.

You should also teach her how to not be so harsh on the brakes and also keep eye on her brakes more often then the norm. So then you would be able to catch the pads going out early and prevent the rotors getting trashed.

Getting rotors and pads made for more aggressive driving does not mean they will last longer. Only that they will not heat up as fast and fade out.

For daily driving/commuting you just need good quality stock replacements.

You should also teach her how to not be so harsh on the brakes and also keep eye on her brakes more often then the norm. So then you would be able to catch the pads going out early and prevent the rotors getting trashed.
The brake design for that model Civic is flawed though:

Honda Civic Defective Brake Pad Class Action Lawsuit

Which is why I'm inclined to replace the entire setup (calipers, rotors, pads)

I am purchasing a car that the previous owner installed CSX big front brakeson. He is already experiencing bias issues as the car is in the shop right now having calipers rebuilt and I haold very little help that that will solve the issue. I almost feel like the best option is to go back to standard Si front caliper and just upgrade the pads. Rears are stock calipers. Thoughts or/and advice?

what sites can i get brake parts for good prices?
looking to get centric blank rotors all around along with some pads all around.

for pads i have a few in mind:
ebc green stuff
akebono proact..

as long as there is barely any dust, and good bite im good.
also, do i have to change my brake fluid to a high temp fluid?

ebc green stuff
akebono proact..

try: Import Replacement Parts | Import Performance & OEM Parts

free shipping on orders over $100

ebc green stuff

akebono proact..

I've always liked to use Tirerack. But mainly because shipping is always so fast since i'm not so far away from them. They have some decent prices as well.

I don't know too much about those pads, but I've been using Hawk Performance 5.0 pads. They're don't dust much and have a pretty good bite. I've used them for mainly street and some autocross and they've held up well.

The type of fluid depends on what you're going to be doing. Just normal street driving and maybe some autocross, I don't think going with a higher temp fluid is necessary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I ended up leaning towards ordering from AutoAnything im just waiting for pay day tmrw! thanks

I've always liked to use Tirerack. But mainly because shipping is always so fast since i'm not so far away from them. They have some decent prices as well.

I don't know too much about those pads, but I've been using Hawk Performance 5.0 pads. They're don't dust much and have a pretty good bite. I've used them for mainly street and some autocross and they've held up well.

The type of fluid depends on what you're going to be doing. Just normal street driving and maybe some autocross, I don't think going with a higher temp fluid is necessary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
yeahhh just read about 20 pages in the thread i dont think im going to Hawks lol i wont be autox anytime soon, however i would love to. im just gonna grab the EBC green stuff.

but when i do order and install my brakes my main commute will be to school and etc anyways. so about the high temp fluid, ill be assuming that it wont be necessary unless i do go autox correct? thanks

will see how everything goes. next on my list are tires. brakes that stop on the dime dont go well with tires that about to go soon lol

Edit-- so the centric rotors and ebc green stuff pads seem to be okay so far. I worked on them this passed Saturday. fronts were cake to work on. the rears were a bit annoying. the rear caliper did not want to move because the brake cable was so short in length that it made maneuvering a bit difficult.

EBC's directions are to drive the first 100 miles with gentle pressure to bed in the pad and rotors together. Then up to 200 miles, apply a bit more pressure then everything should be better. So far I've driven ~20 miles and i notice a significant different from my previous brakes imo.

Which one is better for an LX, OEM or Centric? I'm planning to put akeabono pads.
Depends on what you're planning on doing with the car. If you want to keep it a daily driver, or make it into a track car. Centric has many different models of their rotors, going from a regular daily driver or a racecar. OEM will be regular blank discs that Centric offers. Another thing to factor in is how much you're willing to spend and if you want to go down the aftermarket road.

1,181 - 1,200 of 1,216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.