8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1,161 - 1,180 of 1,216 Posts
excuse me i didnt read all the coments and dont want to make a new thread id like to upgrade my brakies since im new to track days, i want to know if there is anything besides the big brake kit from willwood or brembo to improve braking... and overall brakes fatigue... since braking is the most important part of a track car...

im running 436 WHP in my car with a Kraftwerks sistem... and im really spending too much money in brake pads and rotors... since my car has Hawk ceramic pads and theyre literally eating the rotors... can anyone help me figuring out what to do to improve braking?

thanks!

Cristian

excuse me i didnt read all the coments and dont want to make a new thread id like to upgrade my brakies since im new to track days, i want to know if there is anything besides the big brake kit from willwood or brembo to improve braking... and overall brakes fatigue... since braking is the most important part of a track car...

im running 436 WHP in my car with a Kraftwerks sistem... and im really spending too much money in brake pads and rotors... since my car has Hawk ceramic pads and theyre literally eating the rotors... can anyone help me figuring out what to do to improve braking?

thanks!

Cristian

Check out the TSX brake swap
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140394

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

You should be running some sort of race pads if you are using the stock calipers. If the TSX is still not enough brake then I would recommend the StopTech kit. You can try the TLS brembo conversion too but it seems from users on here the ST BBK is the way to go.

Hi guys,
I have been searching all over if the front and rear rotors from a 2005 RSX type S will fit my 08 Civic Si with no luck.

A friend sold me his new rotors from his RSX type S telling me will fit.

I think the front will fit but don't know if rears will and can't find any info.

The part # for front is 912csl and 912 csr and 910 psl and 910 psr.

I found that Brembo blanks part # for front is the same but different for rear.

Need to replace them asap and need to make sure rears will fit before painting them and paying mechanic to replace them.

Any idea if rears are the same?

You guys are out of my league with your fancy brakes, but here is my question. I have 2008 Civic DX. For normal street driving which front rotors would you recommand? I'm looking for something inexpensive and available here in Canada.
For the pads I was using Wagner ThermoQuiet QC465A, but now I ordered Bosch QuietCast BC465A. Bosch pads are made in Mexico, but the rotors are made in China. Does anybody have any experience with Bosch QuietCast rotors? What would you recommand for the back shoes?

The only shoe options for the DX/LX drum brakes are the OEM shoe or calling Porterfield and having them make you a shoe. The Porterfield shoe does not fit perfectly and you will need to use a grinder to get them to fit.

hey all! i did not want to start a new thread plus u guys seem like you know what your talking about. i have the tsx front brakes with ss lines all around and they still feel a bit soft to me. not soft as in bled incorrectly but soft as in..... you get what im saying.
my question is has anyone upgraded the brake master cylinder from maybe a tsx, or an accord v6 to combat the softness? if anyone has any imput let me know

I have the same brakes with the same problem. When the car is off, the pedal is firm, with little travel. When the car is on and the brake booster kicks in, the pedal is soft with a lot of travel. I was wondering if a MC switch would change that as well.

hey all! i did not want to start a new thread plus u guys seem like you know what your talking about. i have the tsx front brakes with ss lines all around and they still feel a bit soft to me. not soft as in bled incorrectly but soft as in..... you get what im saying.
my question is has anyone upgraded the brake master cylinder from maybe a tsx, or an accord v6 to combat the softness? if anyone has any imput let me know
I'm sure you guys read the DYI or How to's on here but don't finish reading them completely! The answer is there as it's been covered a few times... I'm not trying to be a ***** but just maybe this will point out to some of you that you need to be more attentive to things when you are reading...

The answer is you need the TL Type-S MC and it will resolve the issue of having the pedal feeling like how it use to be. The TSX setup or TL-S Brembo kit needs to have this upgrade to make the pedal not travel as low as it is now for you guys.

Also just in case you don't bother reading the DYI you need to use your MC and swap out parts with the new MC.

1,161 - 1,180 of 1,216 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.