8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have an 07 Civic Coupe with about 12,000 miles. This is my first Honda I have purchased and so far I enjoy it. My brakes are starting to squeak a little when I apply the brake pedal. Is this normal for the brakes to squeak at such low miles and I am not rough on my brakes either. I own a 2002 Wrx with about 115,000 miles and I have yet to touch the brakes on that car. Thanks.

Roldan

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Was the car wet? if so that is why the brakes meke that sound, if the car makes the sound wen is dry i dont think is normal, so take it to your dealership and let them take a look at it.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
If they are squeaking then its time to change the pads....

You probably have higher quality brake pads on the WRX than you do on the Civic. But im not sure.

·
Registered
587 Posts
yeah maybe you drove a little bit more aggressively than everyone else, but most likely your pads are worn, and needs to be changed out.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You can always pull the wheel and physically check the amount of material you have on the shoes. Feel free to clean the rotor surface with some brake cleaner while you are at it to see if the sound goes away.

IMO brakes are meant to squeel a little bit. Afterall, you are forcing 2 surfaces together time and time again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts