8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Most of the roads in Sarasota are better then Bradenton. What I do tend to notice is whenever I pull into somewhere the entrance is for the most part always at a incline. I just go slow and at a angle. My driveway entrance is really bad I always scrape something mid way of the car. As far as speed bumps, if they are small I can do them. But when I go to my friends house, which is apartments they got big ones. I just park at the entrance by the pool or walk. Or if im feeling lazy I drive the ManVan. Lol i also have a 01 Honda Odyssey which is my ruck hauler.
Yeah I come out of my driveway pretty steep already. It's a really bad rain gutter thing to a steep incline..my friend in a stock 4 door scraped getting out of it.

Also at my dads I put one side up on the gutter things and the other side goes over the speed bump so I don't scrape my mid pipe lol.

Well in that case I might try to go a little lower this weekend if I can get time to work on my car :shrug:

· Registered
2,438 Posts
205-40-17 is safe. I sometimes forget I'm stanced with the way I drive. 195-40 would have been my option if I didn't drive like I do.
Idk I drive really hard sometimes.

You know longwood run? Its off of University?
I go time attack on that like three times every time I go out driving lol.
I'm scared of debeading honestly

· Registered
2,438 Posts
I think so, not 100% sure on my roads in Sarasota.
It's all good, I understand
Not everyone feels safe.
On the kid with the rising sun, I did his rear's 205-40 on a x10
He has to run 50psi to ensure debeading
See that sh*t scares me lol

I think 215/40 looks perfect and feels somewhat safe when I drive hard

At some point though I want to get a 235/40 on a x10 because it'll still stretch but it'll look amazing from the rear

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Lol yea. Ive done 215-40-17's on a x10.5
That one was a b***h to get on
Mostly all the honda's you see in Bradenton with stretches Ive done
Im actually looking into 235-40's right now. Need some sticky tires
Jesus...

Looks like I'll be going to your shop if I need stretching :popcorn:

And Jordan hooks up on Cooper RS3s that are 205/40, stretched on a x8.25(my old wheels), in second with however much power he has so 235s should give you endless grip :shocked:

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Yea I'm looking to have very good traction at all possible times. I get tires at cost and install is free so I don't mind if the tire only last a year or so.
Just let me know whenever you need something I got you
Mbn to work at a shop like that haha

But I sure will! At some point I think I'm gunna go for the battle stance look.

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Its the privilege of being a manager and running the shop
That battle stance will look good.
Ima end up using my old tracklite wheels, only 14.5lbs each 17x8 +45
Damn that is nice.

And yeah I'm thinking over-fenders, HFP/STi front lip, some sort of side lip, rear diffuser and a Type R-ish wing...of course it will still be slow as sh*t but it'll look cool lol.
Really want a set of desmond regamasters but not only can I not afford them but they're hard to find in the specs I want.

Plus no one makes a rep of them in 17s :(/

And I hope you're gunna put some spacers on those lol

· Registered
2,438 Posts
Should look good ! I need to finish off my lip kit as well. Going to do a whale tale as well?
Yea cant say that ive seen the reps. What do the orginals run for?
No spacers, i have a buddy that'll trade my wheels for his
He's got RPF1's in SBC 17x9 +22 so i might do that and run those
You should do one :think:
Yeah it sucks, I wish they did sell reps but they don't. I've seen originals on eBay in sets of 2 in wacky sizes for 800ish :(
Also that's a badass trade do it!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.