8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought another 08 civic 4door a few months ago and noticed a bracket was missing something under the hood in comparison an 08 I had before(lost to a hurricane). Google has been useless towards my search. Can anyone identify what I'm looking at or lack thereof and purpose?

Also I have a wire on my iginiton coil loom that isn't tucked away neatly like a factory setup would have it. Is it orientated correctly and simply lose from binding(maybe zip tie ir after butting it against the black wire will do the trick??)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2008 and am willing to take a look but, I have no idea about where to start looking. A wider angle view of both photos would be helpful.

In order to see the wire loom plug wire u would have to take the panel off of ur engine behind the gray I vtech coverm that would require you to remove the heat shield under ur windshield cowl. Mine fortunately is missing...

I'm more concerned about the bracket in front of the brake booster here's a wider shot

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
For your first photo, this is the bolt you are missing. It's supposed to go through the spark plug cover so it might fit a bit loose without the cover. 90014-R40-A00 - Honda Parts Now

The bracket in your second photo is a mount for the original airbox assembly. With the aftermarket intake it is no longer needed and can be easily removed with two more bolts at the base of it, but if you leave it in you should clip the wire harness back into it. I edited your photo here with a red arrow to show how it's supposed to go on.

View attachment 247471

1 - 7 of 7 Posts