8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
yeah im pretty sure its cuz its centrifugal, guessing its since its the way it compresses the air and then it is sent into the intake manifold instead of being compressed there at the manifold

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i don't see the need. boost is controlled by the pulley either way. and over boost is basically impossible. unlike turbos.. unless you'd be adding it just for the sound... aka rice.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Im not sure boost is controlled at the pulley. Arent S/C making the same amount of boost always? I thought they had stepper motors in them to do this. But either way,....once your boosting and you get off the throttle and the plate closes a BOV would be needed.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
My understanding is that the Centrifugal S/C is spinning way faster than a roots type charger much like a turbo moving more air through a pipe to get to the intake.

The throttle body is after the Centrifugal S/C so once the throttle body closes there is a buildup of pressure inside the piping pushing back on the turbines inside the Charger (much like a turbo) So the pressure needs to be vented to remove strain on the fins of the turbine and piping.

Where as in a roots type setup the S/C is between the throttle body and the manifold and a boost bybass valve opens and just sucks air from the intake while not under boost.

From what i have read on the Comptech S2000 system most people are only using a BOV after upping the boost levels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.