8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im really exicted to say that yesterday i purchased my Atomic Blue Metallic EX Coupe. It is simply amazing and I loved my car from the time I got in it for a test drive! I will try to get someone to take some pictures today cause I dont have a digital camera.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats! Bought my 2008 EX Coupe 5Sp Manual (also atomic blue - scientifically shown to be the fastest and best color - something about molecular alignment :biggrin:) about three months ago. Only issue I had was a popping shock absorber on the rear passenger side. Replaced shock in 30 minutes under warranty.

VERY happy with this car. Plenty of pep and have not gotten below 30 mpg for a tank, even with almost all city driving.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Joe K, forgot to mention something. Supposedly this R18 has 10.5:1 compression but is able to function correctly because of this configuration of vtec technology, some crap like that.

I'll tell you for certain that as soon as I started putting at least 89 octane in it, however, it idles much more smoothly. No science to it, just seat of the pants. Using 87 during the first few months, the idle was rough.

Now I regularly put 89 in - very smooth idle. 89 is mid-grade in my part of virginia. This is over many different gas stations, so I doubt I got bad 87 from anywhere in particular.

4K miles on it now and still smiling.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. The weather really sucks today so ill get some pics up when i get the car clean and get my hands on a camera!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Joe K, forgot to mention something. Supposedly this R18 has 10.5:1 compression but is able to function correctly because of this configuration of vtec technology, some crap like that.

I'll tell you for certain that as soon as I started putting at least 89 octane in it, however, it idles much more smoothly. No science to it, just seat of the pants. Using 87 during the first few months, the idle was rough.

Now I regularly put 89 in - very smooth idle. 89 is mid-grade in my part of virginia. This is over many different gas stations, so I doubt I got bad 87 from anywhere in particular.

4K miles on it now and still smiling.
Isnt that going to messed up your engine or somethin? in a long term? Because the "recommended" fuel is regular unleaded which is 87 octane

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys. So i had some highway driving to do and it just happened that as i was on the on ramp i hit 100 miles so i introduced the motor and transmission to highway speeds. I varied it from 65-80, no more than 81 for tonight, now once the rings are seated then it might be a different story lol

·
Premium Member
30,957 Posts
congrats and welcome to the site

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for all the welcomes. I just walked inside after i realized that i was outside staring at my new ride:biggrin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts