8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you on 7thgen, this is a repost from over there, I just had to brag on both places :D

Hey I just traded my F150 and '04 civic in for an '06 Civic LX 4 door auto (yeah, my fiance is mostly driving the car, hence the auto). But the thing is still on a ship. My condtion on buy it is that it HAD to be Japanese manufactured, hence the reason it's on ship still headed for the US. But it's black with a tan interior. Hopefully this one is alot better than her previous the '04 water log we are trading in.

I'm keeping my GSR for daily driving though!!!
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crazykid3437 said:
so did you even pay anything with the two trade ins?

lol... oh yeah, the trade ins had negative equity :(

The truck is an '05 F150 (orginal MSRP of $36,000) that I owed 25,000 on, they would only give me 22k for it, lucky for me I have $3k setting around. But at the time I bought it I needed it for work, now I have a old payed off truck for working on the horse farm, hence I no longer need this one, nor the $338 per month payment. So I'm just happy they took it off my hands. The other civic had about $1000 negative equity on it, that's gets carried over to this loan, hence the reason I paid a little over MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
WOW! i didnt know they allow u to trade in 2 cars for 1 new one?
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
popi said:
WOW! i didnt know they allow u to trade in 2 cars for 1 new one?

Yeah, the net worth of the cars I'm trading is over $33,000 (to bad I owe about $35,000 on them :( ) and then I'm buying a $17,000 car, wierd.
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They changed the color from black to dark blue. I guess they saw the color code blx or something and thought it was black, but really it's dark blue. Anybody knwo what color interior that comes with for the LX sedan?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
gray OR ivory

however if you make an account at owners.honda.com and 'add' the vehicle's VIN you can see all the details about it
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iwu said:
gray OR ivory

however if you make an account at owners.honda.com and 'add' the vehicle's VIN you can see all the details about it
okay, I'll do that. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Sounds like we're in the same truck situation...

I bought my Titan for a job that I no longer work. But I dont have the dough to cough up to trade it in...

Plus, I dont have another truck, and I think everyone needs a truck for truck things...

So the plan for today is to keep it untill its paid off (2009). Keep it and buy something else...

My plan might change tomorrow though...

Congrats BTW, we'll need pic's asap...
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mininsx said:
Sounds like we're in the same truck situation...

I bought my Titan for a job that I no longer work. But I dont have the dough to cough up to trade it in...

Plus, I dont have another truck, and I think everyone needs a truck for truck things...

So the plan for today is to keep it untill its paid off (2009). Keep it and buy something else...

My plan might change tomorrow though...

Congrats BTW, we'll need pic's asap...

Yeah I read your story too. I need my truck on my horse farm, but right now I just can't afford it :( So I'm just going to go rent a truck if I really need it. And being in the horse industry, I know plenty of people that have trucks. But your right, everybody should have a truck aorund. If I can find a decnt 4x4 cheap, I might pick it up, spring is a good time to buy a 4x4 I hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
^ hey, I had a `94 GS-R...

Damn I miss that car, unmolested white `94. I molested it of course, then it got killed in Dallas 5 car pile up, we were car #4...

I was still in Oklahoma and I picked it up at an auction, no one knew what it was. this was late 2000. She had 120,000 miles but a good maintance record. I picked her up for $4100, I havnt been able to find one that cheap since then. I would think they'd be worth less, but no, seems like they get to $4,500 or $5,000 and just stay there...

Anyway, didnt mean to get off topic there, but I noticed your sig showed a `94 GS-R. I'm driving a POS `89 Civic LX Sedan 5-speed as a daily driver. Titan gets 15mpg, Civic gets 37, daily commute is 42 round trip...
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mininsx said:
^ hey, I had a `94 GS-R...

Damn I miss that car, unmolested white `94. I molested it of course, then it got killed in Dallas 5 car pile up, we were car #4...

I was still in Oklahoma and I picked it up at an auction, no one knew what it was. this was late 2000. She had 120,000 miles but a good maintance record. I picked her up for $4100, I havnt been able to find one that cheap since then. I would think they'd be worth less, but no, seems like they get to $4,500 or $5,000 and just stay there...

Anyway, didnt mean to get off topic there, but I noticed your sig showed a `94 GS-R. I'm driving a POS `89 Civic LX Sedan 5-speed as a daily driver. Titan gets 15mpg, Civic gets 37, daily commute is 42 round trip...

only 15 MPG? highway? My F150 got 18 MPG and that had the 5.4L engine and 4.10 rear end and weighted in at 6,200+ lbs.

But anyway, yeah, GS-R's are fun car's. Mine is slightly molested, but I'm replacing the wornout parts slowly. Got mine for $3,600 though :) But the body is in bad shape, which is fine for me. I got rid of truck 1. cost and 2. because in the school parking lot it got a hit and run (my second hit and run in 2 years). So I said no more cars with nice bodies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
15 mixed, my commute is a mix of highway and city. She'll get 17 HWY only. She'll get 15 all city too, I think she'd get better MPG if my right foot didnt weigh so much. Its hard to stay out of it when the OEM exhaust sounds sooooo nice...

4X2
5.6l
3.36 rear end (5-speed, similar to a 4.10 4-speed)
5200lbs
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4x4 for me. But yeah, I had to keep off the gas to get decent MPG. My hualling truck get's 8 though. lol 8 MPG city, highway, heavy foot, light foot... it's just 8MPG. lol My hualling truck is a towing truck I use for large horse trailers, it doesn't work well for doing any other type of work like getting hay and such though, that's why I want a normal truck agian. But for now I just pay to have it delivered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
New to Honda

I'm in the process of buying a 2006 Civic EX coupe with the auto/Navi package.

I believe I paniked when regular gas hit $3.75/gallon in this area (upstate New York) while I was/am driving a 2002 Chevy Blazer SUV. My first panic move was to get on the Prius waiting list. Now that gas has dropped to $2.85 I've re-thought that move.

1. Prius dealers charge well above sticker price.
2. The waiting list can be up to 8 months ... for the 2005 model. (2006 not made yet.)
3. Main batteries cost $3,000 to replace.
4. Auxilliary battery costs about $300 to replace.
5. The above (#4) will probably die if parked unused at an airport for a week unless you remove its fuse.
6. The Navi package is a $5000 accessory.
7. The car is ugly! (My opinion.)

By chance I came across the Civic coupe while researching the Insight. The gas mileage isn't as high as the Prius or the Insight ... but darned good for a tried and true gasoline engine. In upstate New York where temperatures often drop below zero for a week or longer during the winter, I don't want to depend on the Prius batteries.

My goal is to purchase a sharp looking car with good gas milage and a GPS system at a reasonable price. The new Civic coupe seems to be the car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
^ congrats on the decision, you wont regret it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
No ! Don't buy Prius !

It sounds like you save money driving a hybrid, but the car itself is already too expensive.
When you do the math, you'll see that you're not saving at all.
It's not worth it for now.
It might be worth it in the future.
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chobits said:
No ! Don't buy Prius !

It sounds like you save money driving a hybrid, but the car itself is already too expensive.
When you do the math, you'll see that you're not saving at all.
It's not worth it for now.
It might be worth it in the future.

huh? I bought an LX.... believe me, I tell everyone there are way better deals than the Hybrid cars, hybrid is just a neat thing to brag about at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Jrfish007 said:
huh? I bought an LX.... believe me, I tell everyone there are way better deals than the Hybrid cars, hybrid is just a neat thing to brag about at the moment.
Most states are now giving tax and fee credits for Hybrid vehicles now. An you can drive in the HOV lanes without any passengers but I still agree you actually pay more over the term for hybrids. You would have to keep the hybrid for about 12 years to break even
 

·
STIG: a tamed race driver
Joined
·
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kadenx said:
Most states are now giving tax and fee credits for Hybrid vehicles now. An you can drive in the HOV lanes without any passengers but I still agree you actually pay more over the term for hybrids. You would have to keep the hybrid for about 12 years to break even

I came up with you have to drive the hybrid 470,000 miles to break even with a civic HX, and that does not include batteries or additional maintance for the hybrid, just gas, which I figured to be an average of $5 a gallon over the entire term.

There are no car pool lanes by me.... and I have heard of the tax breaks, but still ma not sure what Ohio has for that.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top