8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...did I get a good deal?

Paid $12,100 for the car, including tax and title.

It's a rally red '07 civic Si coupe, with 52114 miles on it (51992 when I got it). There seem to be no mechanical faults with the car, and (asides from road wear such as slight chips in the paint) no cosmetic damage. It does not have the navigation system, or the XM antennae. I've pushed every button and turned every knob, and have not found a thing on the car that isn't working...

...So I ask again: was it a good deal, or could I have gotten lower?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Hell of a Deal IMO. A guy in here is "trying" to sell his 2006 Si with 52k miles for $21K. So be happy you got that deal.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the miles were a bit high for an '07, but I was told these things can run and run and run...and being a Honda, I could easily believe it! :dancing:

But the price seemed pretty good. I'm not sure if I want to do any mods or just leave it stock though...I've been lurking on those boards! Any ideas?

I really don't want to go for the whole "ricer" look. If I do any mods, I'd want to do something discrete... Maybe some hidden performance boosters, strut / sway bars, etc?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The miles are high, but wow thats a good price... I woulda bought it too.
Plus, I think I cheated a bit... :eek:hsnap:

My uncle's a car dealer. All the paperwork says that he bought it at auction for $12,100 and at the exact same moment, we bought it from him for the same price. So I got to pay dealer price for a car, not the jacked-up consumer price! :dancing:

·
Registered
439 Posts

My uncle's a car dealer. All the paperwork says that he bought it at auction for $12,100 and at the exact same moment, we bought it from him for the same price. So I got to pay dealer price for a car, not the jacked-up consumer price! :dancing:
Well congrats, this is a great forum full of a lot of good info. Just remember to search first.

·
Registered
370 Posts

that's freakin awesome. congrats. now sell it for double the price =P. i kid.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well congrats, this is a great forum full of a lot of good info. Just remember to search first.
Yeah, I've been using the search feature a lot!

I'm still not sure if I want to do any mods though. With the money saved by getting a good deal, I've got about 3k left over. I really don't want to turn my car into a "ricer". Any mods I put on will be discrete. Any ideas?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's freakin awesome. congrats. now sell it for double the price =P. i kid.
Well, when I got it there was a receipt in the glove box -- it was from the Honda dealership the original owner bought it from. The original price for the car was $22,100 -- exactly $10k more than I got it for.

But I don't plan to sell this car for a few years. I'll either drive it till I total it, or drive it until I save up enough money for what I really want... :dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's not a bad price. I'm looking for 13K for my salvaged '06 FG2. Only 7 thousand miles though.
That's a pretty good deal! Are you trading it in to a dealer, or for sale by owner? Someone is bound to pounce on a price like that!

·
Registered
99 Posts
That's a pretty good deal! Are you trading it in to a dealer, or for sale by owner? Someone is bound to pounce on a price like that!
The word "salvaged" deters a lot of potential buyers. Thanks a lot, Carfax.com! lol

I'm going to try to sell it myself. I was pretty intent on selling it last fall, but I didn't. I kept it in the garage all winter, and now I'm starting to warm up to the idea of keeping it. If I can't get 13K for it, I'll just keep it. Buy some steelies and winter tires, and drive it all year around.

I have to decide between an '06 Legacy 2.5i or the '06 FG2.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts