8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Botched Airbag Recall Service?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  CarMaster 
#1 ·
So my wife brought her '09 Civic to the dealer for an airbag recall service. Ever since the service the airbag indicator light has been on. She contacted them the next day (Saturday) and left a message. She finally got a hold of them on Monday morning and they pretty much refused to do anything about it, told her it was unrelated and that it would be a $60 diagnostic fee. They're claiming she must have hit a bump or something which is total BS. Any ideas what we can do to get this taken care of?

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Our Civic is the sedan model. Yes, I'm aware of the paper clip tricks. Already tried resetting it and it pops right back on. Also jumped the pins on the OBD port and discovered that it's throwing SRS error 1-2. I think the code is supposed to indicate increased resistance in the driver's side inflator (maybe something was unplugged?). Interestingly enough my wife said they told her they only had to do work on the passenger's side.

Was hoping there might be an easy fix but maybe our best option is to call Honda corporate and complain about them and see if we can get any help.

#9 ·
I hate going to the dealership for any type of repairs. I brought mine into the dealer for the Air Bag Recall because the carfax didn't show that the previous owner didn't get it done. They told me 1/2 a day and it only took about 1.5 hours. It was a good experience, but I still have trusts issues with other people working on my cars. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.