8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi.

[pics at the end of thread]

I have been really bored with the car, haven't done anything recently beside darker tint for the rear windows for the hot summer and more comfortable interior..

I am looking into getting some spacers since fitment does change the looks from what i have been seeing [18x8/37+ on 18/40/225 and -1.5fr -1rr]...

What spacers size would look decent? i am ok with the rears, but the fronts need the spacers bad, might do it right and get for the rear as well....btw i have no interest in buying new wheels, can't afford that now.

Also i need some lugs, what brand/color would be nice?

I am trying to make the car exciting for me again without spending too much money on it.

Thanks for suggestions.

PS if you have any other suggestions for non costly mods, go ahead.

Haven't washed the car in the while, crazy weather and no time, will wash it and give it a nice detail and wax this weekend.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
what are the specs nao if the wheels i would mainly want them to be sitting perfect with the fender..so 15-20mil maybe..:hiding:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
spacers is what i would do ur camber seems good :thumb:

then see what you can do bout washing that carrito of yours

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spacers is what i would do ur camber seems good :thumb:

then see what you can do bout washing that carrito of yours
carrito needs a wash and wax so bad haha

I bet your Honda turns heads in Qatar, its more out of place than a Lamborghini :) The Cars come along ways man.
haha so many nice car here man..but mostly owned by rich people...not many people modify their non evo/sti here, so i don't get surprised anymore when people ask "what is the car?" :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
i wouldn't do a 20mm, i'd do a 10mm spacer on the fronts and if you insist on doing the back, maybe a 5mm? 20mm would be pushing your tires way past your fenders.

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i sooo want to lower it for the gap to be a finger or so....that's the lowest i can get without scraping everywhere...might get some prokit springs and swap since i been a cheepo..

i just want to be near flush...like the top of the wheel would be near the edge of the fender with the camber..not stuck in the wheel well like that..i mean in the front.

i might end up with some open ended kics, they are noice.

·
Premium Member
27,973 Posts
When you can get some 215/40's.. there will be a larger wheel gap though.

Sportlines should be able to meet your tires to your wheel well with 225/40's but it still doesnt look low enough IMO.

Spacers are hard to gauge, especially if you change your ride height and camber settings.

I wanted 15mm spacers at least when I had 18x8+38

·
Registered
17,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I just remember i seen these before:

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/introduction-pictures/198839-new-stance.html

Now im thinking of getting 10mm spacers but wonder if anyone ran 18x8/27+ on 18/40/225 I also will get some pro-s springs to install with my hfp shocks, i heard that handling will also be better.

I don't have access to a roller and my tire already rub when taking tight turns quickly.

I would love to do it j5 style, but trying not to scrape my front lip everywhere, since some of the roads i take are bad and random holes are everywhere.

·
Banned
4,080 Posts
Get airbag suspension, then you'll have a very nice stance...

you won't handle like a race car... but it's not like ur going on the track now, is it :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts