8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my Boomba Torque Motor Mounts and completed the install. I did the install in my garage, by myself, following the provided instructions from Boomba.

To my surprise, the vibrations were not bad as what some people say. Check out my videos below for proof if you're hesitant whether to get the Boomba Torque mounts or not. It may help in your decision.

Unboxing

Cold Start & Idle

Cruise

·
Registered
372 Posts
my friend did his si with the boomba mounts and i love riding in the car with him, i would just never be able to handle it in mine lols

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice review and videos. I know you said that its really not as bad as everyone says but in the videos, it sure looks like everything was vibrating and rattling whenever you set off in 1st gear lol. I think the videos actually confirmed to a lot of people that the car does indeed vibrate and rattle quite a bit...

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice review and videos. I know you said that its really not as bad as everyone says but in the videos, it sure looks like everything was vibrating and rattling whenever you set off in 1st gear lol. I think the videos actually confirmed to a lot of people that the car does indeed vibrate and rattle quite a bit...
The rattling that you hear in the video was coming from my camera. The best way to experience the mounts is to physically ride along in a car with the mounts installed. Granted the car does vibrate quite a bit from starting off in first gear.

·
Registered
974 Posts
how bad are the dash vibrations? mine are HORRIBLE and i cant tel if its the mounts or if my skunk2 exhaust is doing it. the mounts and exhaust were installed when i bought it, and i have put 6000 miles on it and the vibrations are the same LOUD!

·
Registered
789 Posts
I only notice the vibrations taking off in first. They are horrendous if I'm honest. Just cruising around they're virtually unnoticeable

·
Registered
974 Posts
Mine are in city driving, in all gears. I drive to conserve gas. And shifting where I shift. (2500 rpm) it rattles like crazy, I have to get to about 3500 but gas mileage isn't as good

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
5000 is around when mine stopped the crazy vibrations keep in mind I track my car on the 1/4 mile pretty often that prob help break em in sooner

·
Registered
958 Posts
Just took a ride in a friends fg2 with them and its not as bad as the video makes it out to be. Not saying there isnt any noise or vibration, but I think the camera amplifies it..

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
installed mine yesterday, i got it used. A user on here gave me 2 while the 3rd is on its way being shipped. The vibs are horrible. inside noise cabin ALOT louder than stock and in 6th gear highway driving it acts like a massage chair lol. when i install the top dogbone one i hope it doesn't get any worst than it is now ...

i do hate the vibs but eh it comes with the territory with modding the car.

ALSO what i noticed the bucking when u let the gas off when u granny shift into gears in completely gone with the mounts which i am pleased about

EDIT: got the 3rd mount yesterday and less vibs than before. but still like everybody said starting off from a stop is bad lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
After this review decided to get the boomba mounts also. Like everyone says, starting off from a stop the vibrations are pretty intense until about 2500-3000rpm, otherwise they're not that bad. Shifts feel more crisp and no more header contact.

·
Registered
115 Posts
^Price is great. I just recieved mine in the mail the other day. Im waiting for friday to install them. I dont care much about vibrations, but my girlfrined will probly have a **** attack. lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts