8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Boomba Mounts Review

58K views 429 replies 108 participants last post by  BOOMBA RACING 
#1 · (Edited)
today i installed my boomba replacement mounts, with the help of JayDM07Si, thanks BTW:thumb:

i ordered these mounts tuesday night and got them today in the mail. these mounts compared to the oem mounts are super lightwieght. the bushing in the boomba mount is very solid compared to the oem mounts. the total install took about an hour, due to not finding the right tools, damn 17mm wrench.

i bought these mounts to see if they would get rid of the knock when i launched my car, or powershifted into 2nd and 3rd, these mounts, got rid of all that!!!no more loud knock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, no more wheel hop!!!!!!i launched the car with these mounts at 5k, no wheel hop, wheels stuck to the ground like they should. the interior noise and vibrations, i did notice alot more, but these are new mounts, so i have to give time to break them in. i can hear my exhaust and intake more now, when i let off the trottle at a high RPM, i can really hear the exhaust, now, which sounds 100% better now.

as of fitment the mounts do not have any issuse what so ever!!!!

i would highly recommend getting these over the powerstick and torque dampner, just because your replacing all mounts and its only 50 bucks more from the stiffy. we installed the "dog bone" mount, the car automatically felt stiffer, but the engine still moved. it was tight on one side and the other 2 mounts moved alot.

another thing we noticed, that the front mount is held by two points. the center metal bushing had way toooo much play.

ill upload some pics tomorrow morning casue im tired lol these werent suppose to go in till saturday but you know....lol:woowoo::woowoo:

feel free to ask questions.:wheee:

more pics to come

updated
2/21 pics

front mount

bottom mount

also i notice with the skunk2 exhaust that the rear hangers hit the back metal piece before the bumper, it doesnt hit anymore!! another problem solved!:wheee:

See less See more
#3 ·
today i installed my boomba replacement mounts, with the help of JayDM07Si, thanks BTW:thumb:

i ordered these mounts tuesday night and got them today in the mail. these mounts compared to the oem mounts are super lightwieght. the bushing in the boomba mount is very solid compared to the oem mounts. the total install took about an hour, due to not finding the right tools, damn 17mm wrench.

i bought these mounts to see if they would get rid of the knock when i launched my car, or powershifted into 2nd and 3rd, these mounts, got rid of all that!!!no more loud knock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, no more wheel hop!!!!!!i launched the car with these mounts at 5k, no wheel hop, wheels stuck to the ground like they should. the interior noise and vibrations, i did notice alot more, but these are new mounts, so i have to give time to break them in. i can hear my exhaust and intake more now, when i let off the trottle at a high RPM, i can really hear the exhaust, now, which sounds 100% better now.

as of fitment the mounts do not have any issuse what so ever!!!!

i would highly recommend getting these over the powerstick and torque dampner, just because your replacing all mounts and its only 50 bucks more from the stiffy. we installed the "dog bone" mount, the car automatically felt stiffer, but the engine still moved. it was tight on one side and the other 2 mounts moved alot.

another thing we noticed, that the front mount is help by two points. the center metal bushing had way toooo much play.

ill upload some pics tomorrow morning casue im tired lol these werent suppose to go in till saturday but you know....lol:woowoo::woowoo:

feel free to ask questions.:wheee:

hey i think ive sold you some fg2 stuff before lol. anywayz, how hard is the install on these? im really considering these since im gonna have mad hop with the s/c.

#11 ·
oh nice. i prolly wouldnt have help as non of my friends are car savy and are bums if i ever ask them to give a hand with a car. mainly cause im always doing something to it lol. prolly just pry it out...

another question.

the front and rear ones, other than having a friend help with the rocking, are those difficult to reach or get off?

#14 ·
I recently put a set on my car, car is making a little over 263 to the wheels, I can 1-2 shift now without feeling like the motor is going to go through the hood, no more clunks in between hard shifts, eliminated all of the drone i had from 60-65mph, vibration is completely unnoticeable unless you're under 2,000 rpm. Car sounds better everything is honestly just so much better. Best mod I've done to this car sans the s/c.

#17 ·
The Innovative mounts are worth it. You can pick the stiffness, they look better, and you don't have to worry about cracking your oil pan. A hundred dollars more is cheap insurance compared to damaging your engine in case the boomba mount cracks the oil pan.

#19 ·
Im sorry, but I have never heard of one civic with a cracked oil pan from the Boomba mounts. I would stop posting your opinion as fact. I believe there was an RSX with Boomba mounts that got a cracked oil pan. This is no proof that any thing is wrong with the Boomba mounts for the Si, so please stop saying how the Innovative mounts are "safer."

#27 ·
it literally attaches nowhere near the oilpan, i can see having an issue with this mount if you're running a completely solid mount on a 700whp drag car but with how shockingly low the vibration is on these compared to even 60a innovate mounts I sincerely doubt there will be any issue at all.

#31 ·
idk why everyone is giving ebdiam a hard time. he simply stated that innovative did testing and it happened (though he hasnt posted proof of this) he was just warning you guys. stop trying to justify your purchases by bashing him. god this place is becoming like honda-tech its ridiculous.

/end rant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.