8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help. im trying to install the boomba tq and passenger mounts. the upper dogbone and lower mount beneath the dogbone dont line up. neither does the rear. its so close to lining up its only half the hole away. i have the rear mount loose and the side tranny mount loose. i have 1 bolt in the front mount. i can rock the motor but its not lining up. do you know what i have to do to get them lined up. according to boombas instructions the order was dogbone, lower dogbone, front, rear, side tranny. but i thought it was rear, front, dogbone. im stuck and dont know what to do.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
You need to remove all three oem torque mounts, then your right install the rear one, leave it loose, install the front and then finally install the top dogbone, and then tighten. You will physically have to push and pull on your engine to get them to line up. I had someone push the oil pan in the direction i needed and i would finger tighten the bolt, then move to the next one and repeat.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
place foot on oil pan, grab subframe...push or pull, the engine moves very very easily when the 3 torque mounts aren't in

If your car is on a lift this could prove more difficult for you, Im not shure where you will put a bar, if it were me id grab something thicker than a breaker bar. might just be able to place your hand on it and push tho.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya im not on a lift. so the front needs to be unbolted completely? i have just 1 bolt holding in the front mount.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
You can bolt the front one to the tranny/engine, just don't put the long one through the subframe until the back mount has both bolts at least starting to thread in, I finger tightened them all the way in but the mount can still wiggle around. Then i did the long bolt on the front mount

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant get the lower bolt in on the front mount. so i slid the bolt in the subframe hoping it would line up so i can get that lower bolt in but its not

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All fixed. The biggest and most important thing to this job is where you jack the motor up. That is key to getting everything lined up. It was a nitemare but finally done. Car drives very good and there is more vibration. But shifting is a bit improved. There is no engine movement at all in which can be felt while driving. No hop at all. The engine and exhaust took on a new tone.

Thanks sizzle for your help.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
All fixed. The biggest and most important thing to this job is where you jack the motor up. That is key to getting everything lined up. It was a nitemare but finally done. Car drives very good and there is more vibration. But shifting is a bit improved. There is no engine movement at all in which can be felt while driving. No hop at all. The engine and exhaust took on a new tone.

Thanks sizzle for your help.
Dose your car make a loudish rumble when your car starts now?

-snizz

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i wasnt really planning to get them, but since a local shop messed up my tranny mount by digging the bracket he made for the coolant reservoir into the mount causing it to leak. the motor is a lil more solid and has more vibration. for the money and hassle to install i just dont see the improvement being worth the 250. the stock driver passenger mounts are good enough.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nothing wanted to line up for me. i even stripped the threads on 1 mount and had to have it retapped

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
my install for the torque mounts were pretty simple IMO. The only sound that stands out to me is the whine of the transmission on a highway cruise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts