8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used boomba driver/pass mounts w s/c? Do they really get rid of wheel hop? How are the vibrations compared to the dogbone mounts?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The regular Boomba mounts will make wheel hop non existent.
True. I have them now. I want to find out the vibration difference and how well the driver/pass mounts control wheel hop.
When I got the regular mounts, the driver/pass mounts werent available.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
They will also produce so much engine noise its almost unbearable at speeds over 70 mph... at least it was for me.
Wow, that's good to know. I believe the advertisement says tht the driver mounts remove 95% of wheel hop. So I would assume, as long as you're not trying to launch the car, the wheels will stay planted.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Wow, that's good to know. I believe the advertisement says tht the driver mounts remove 95% of wheel hop. So I would assume, as long as you're not trying to launch the car, the wheels will stay planted.
Don't necessarily take my word for it.. just one opinion here you know? I'm not trying to knock boomba in any way, the mounts kicked ass for what they did. I just drive 33 miles each way to school at mostly 60-72 mph and the engine noise gave me a headache every morning. I never noticed vibrations after they broke in, just too much engine noise for me to handle.

I will be trying innovative mounts or the boomba Dr/Pa mounts if I go boost in the future. Def would like to see if I can get decent engine movement control without all the noise.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have driver passenger and Cte supercharger. No wheel hop what-so-ever. It is a lil loud in the car though. These things are always a lil loud inside from the vibration trasfer. It sounds exactly the same inside today as it did the day I installed them. But going from a CRX with Hasport mounts and an LSVTEC it's quiet and smooth lol.

Breaking-in = getting used to imho

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I have the driver mounts and the CT stg 2 blower. I really haven't noticed any wheel-hop but the tires will spin a lot still if you try to push it from a dig. With the AC on and a passenger in the car, it is very loud and can be annoying. When it is just me in the car and the AC is off it is not a big deal at all.
*if it is hot out and my GF and I want to go somewhere together we take her car! :)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have the driver mounts and the CT stg 2 blower. I really haven't noticed any wheel-hop but the tires will spin a lot still if you try to push it from a dig. With the AC on and a passenger in the car, it is very loud and can be annoying. When it is just me in the car and the AC is off it is not a big deal at all.
*if it is hot out and my GF and I want to go somewhere together we take her car! :)
wheel hop and tire spin are completely different though if i'm not mistaken.
i believe "wheel hop" refers to the engine "bouncing" or "rocking" in the bay from the torque on the softer stock mounts, which in turn bounces the wheels up and down on the ground so to speak... wheel spin or the tires 'breaking loose' from all the jesus power the blower is throwing them is solved by slicks and a good driver (and still happens if you pound that pedal with no remorse) :cheerleader:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.