Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skunk2 70mm....already done
Intake...done.
TBS and gaskets....done
IMG....done..
Short shifter and associated hardware....done

Hmm..not counting a phone call to CT Eng (not yet anyways....), I'm thinking Skunk2 header (eventually?) reflash, HFP susp, progress rsb and supports. Hmm...Maybe better tires?? I don't mind the stock Si wheels at all, but the stock rubber has got to go.

Tell me guys...3K to spend....wtf do to. (and no...I'm not mailing you a check for 3K to spend on your car...so don't ask. lol)

·
Registered
42,510 Posts
Yeah it seems you want more power, I would suggest going with a Comptech Supercharger, not turbo because with 3K you don't have enough for buying the kit, gauges, install and tuning.

I would forget about the reflash because when you go Supercharger, your ECU needs to be reflashed again.

Or you can put that money to wheels/tires and some good suspension, something like the Skunk2 Pro-S.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
or save the money because our economy is so good lol
(rant)I'm going to sound like a d**k for just a second. I'm a work-a-holic, I bust my a$$ 70+ hrs a week to earn every penny I have. I enjoy my work, I enjoy spending my hard earned cash once and a while on something else I enjoy (car or motorcycle). If I was a penny pinching old man who didn't have any hobbies and wanted to be bored all the time, I'd be driving a prius and working one crappy pt job. I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labors. (/end rant)

Anyways....lol...no harm done, just thought I'd vent a little. I'm not made of money, but I like to enjoy what i do have once and while, much like all other enthusiasts on here.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
(rant)I'm going to sound like a d**k for just a second. I'm a work-a-holic, I bust my a$$ 70+ hrs a week to earn every penny I have. I enjoy my work, I enjoy spending my hard earned cash once and a while on something else I enjoy (car or motorcycle). If I was a penny pinching old man who didn't have any hobbies and wanted to be bored all the time, I'd be driving a prius and working one crappy pt job. I enjoy seeing the fruits of my labors. (/end rant)

Anyways....lol...

well said :p

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
or save the money because our economy is so good lol
Or save half the money and buy at least some mod's!! Seriously, I would at least try to stash some in the saving's account, you never when you'll need it. I just got back 8,000 myself and the majority is going in CD's and savings BUT there will be some serious mod's being purchased!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As much as I love my car, I wouldn't be spending all of a 3k bonus on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
while i acknowledge that everyone is certainly entitled to spend their money however they please, i think the sentiment some of us are trying to express is that there isnt really such a thing as "free money" anymore. 600,000 jobs were lost in the U.S. just last month, that many jobs in one freakin month. to some people, that doesnt mean anything. until its happened to you, it usually isnt something you worry about, because you assume immunity. but it happens to everyone. i have a masters degree in a very marketable field, but i got laid off in may of last year, it can happen to anyone. im blessed to have a much better job now. but there are too many people who arent that lucky. my main two cents is that spending hard earned money is great, hell, that is what the american dream is all about. its just sad to see some kids spend so much money on unnecessary mods with the pipe dream that they will always have 70hrs of work to do every week. i love mods, but in times like these i try to decide whether or not the mod is practical or negligible. i.e. upgraded tires = sure, i/h/e, reflash, etc.= not so much. especially since the ROI gained in performance is extremely low.

im completely aware that someone will choose to flame me for preaching or for not having enough posts to be relevant. but i really dont care. i just would hate to see fellow civic owners end up jobless, stuck with tons of mods on a car that doesnt go much faster than stock. i think someone previously mentioned spending a portion of it and saving the rest. that would be my route, slightly satisfy the mod craving, while still having something worthwhile to save or invest.

but that is just me.

happy modding! :vtec:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
^^I agree with your post to a certain extent, but from what the OP stated in his previous posts...he's good to go. He already put away some money from I would say his regular salary that's being saved, hence this is a bonus he got, probably wasn't even expecting it; and wants to splurge.!!!
I myself will be going the route you stated above though. You see I don't have enough money to get my supercharger, Header, Exhaust that I would like to get over with this year. So i'm going to go a different route and get better tires, and a few suspension mods to satisfy me until I've saved enough to get the real deal :thumb:

OP I think you should look into the vibrant header if you need a Cat, or the Strup Header which cost less with a bit more gains if you don't need a Cat. Get yourself some bad ass coilovers too you will love yourself. That should be a couple of grand and you can use the remaining on a set of nice sticky tires... :thumb: good luck

·
Registered
878 Posts
I would say suspension/tire/ anything handling related. Going fast in a straight line is one thing, maintaining that speed in the corner is another :)

Me, about the only thing my car will/may see is tires/tint/ and possibly HFP suspension. I wish to try and save up $4,200.00 so I can take a three week trip to the land down under.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts