8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased the bomz CAI on eBay and it was here within 5 days. Overall the install took about 2hrs taking my time. I didn't have to cut the fendered well but its very tight fit. I didn't use the little coolant hose just left the factory one. The air hoses fit but I want to get some black hoses. I also didn't remove the front bumper just pulled back the fender lining. Everything was straight forward and pretty simple. Everything fit very well and lined up right. I used a K&N filter instead of the Bomz filter that came with it.
Driving impression... I pulled the battery terminal before I drove it. The engine is a lot louder lol. Car drives like stock but sounds very aggressive now. It hasn't bogged or anything. I love the sound in vtec and have zero complaints right now! The only thing that concerns me is the coolent hose touching the 90 degree elbow that connects the intake to the throttle body.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a little more driving I have noticed a little more throttle response but still quite a bit of lag compared to a throttle cable car. Also I realize a CAI by itself doesn't do much but I have noticed a lot more tq steer and the tires wanting to break loose in first. A little chirp at times but nothing crazy. A jesus this intake is loud!! A good thing though. Also seems the exhaust note is a tad bit louder. That is all for now.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
good to hear!! yeah when i had a cai on the blower it pulled much better than stock airbox.

thats how i did my first cai, moved fender lining.

good to hear, i say ALL injen knock offs are the same and perform the same!

cai ftw!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts